• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Pancreatitis & Kidney Failure

ToriR

All-Access Member
Registered
what is the best food for a senior Yorkie with kidney failure & history of pancreatitis? what supplements should he be on for full support? i was on the live tonight & Rx Zyme was recommended - what does this do? We feed him Renal Support from Just Food for Dogs & it’s lamb based. Is lamb the best option for kidney failure? Seems too high in fat but not sure the case for dogs. He currently has diarrhea (possibly pancreatitis flare up), is pumpkin ok to give when dog has kidney failure? (don’t want too high potassium, phosphorus, & calcium I believe) We gave him sweet potato & he quickly started having small seizures which has always been a sign of too high potassium.

Yoda
Male
Neutered
Yorkie
6.5lbs
-more tired, hungry, mostly sleeping
-Renal Support - Just Food for Dogs (lamb, rice, & vegetables)
-hasn’t been vaccinated since 2015 after rabies injury. pancreatitis. takes herbal supplements now for kidney failure. i believe he has kidney failure from over vaccination as well. we give him subcu fluids at home every 2 days

he takes daily:
Fera Organic Mushrooms Immune Support
Herb Smith Milk Thistle
Herb Smith Taurine Boost
Hawaii Pharm Kidney Support
Dr. Mercola Ubiquinol
Vimergy Wild Blueberry Powder
Vimergy liquid B12
Epakatin when he needs phosphorus binder
just added Curcumin yesterday

-having loose stools for 1.5 weeks. i believe he is having a pancreatitis flare after eating a little cheese (we typically never give him treats like this), started immediately after. he was doing well prior, we actually received great news that his blood work had improved since a year ago being diagnosed with kidney failure
-he seems to want to keep to himself but also is receptive to cuddles, pets & massage occasionally
-no diagnostic work
-last flare was 2018 i believe, was put on pharmaceuticals i’m sure
-other than kidney failure no other issues

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for coming last night and for making your first post Tori.

These are great questions!

In order to answer them in context (which is what HA! and mindful decision making is all about), it would be super helpful to have this info:

In the meantime, you can start focus on energy building and happiness which will improve his quality of life and the mitochondrial function that will help all of his organs work better:

ToriR

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks for coming last night and for making your first post Tori.

These are great questions!

In order to answer them in context (which is what HA! and mindful decision making is all about), it would be super helpful to have this info:

In the meantime, you can start focus on energy building and happiness which will improve his quality of life and the mitochondrial function that will help all of his organs work better:

Thank you, I’ve edited my original comment to include the correct format info.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for the clarification Tori.

The Rx Zyme can help many of his issues.

I wonder what the 2015 rabies vaccine damage was and if any of his health challenges started soon after it?

ToriR

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks for the clarification Tori.

The Rx Zyme can help many of his issues.

I wonder what the 2015 rabies vaccine damage was and if any of his health challenges started soon after it?
Yes he had no issues prior to vaccination & shortly after rabies vx he had his first pancreatitis attack & had to be rushed to ER. Is the Renal Support food his best food option? What would you feed a dog with kidney failure?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Renal Support from SP is fine to use.

Yoda's getting lots of supplements and has lots of health challenges. Are you working with a trained holistic vet?

I'd also strongly advise your adding a vet homeopath to your vet care team. All of his issues are energetic in nature. The physical supplements can be great for supporting his body, but can not address the possible rabies miasm.

Maybe consult (by phone) with Dr. Cooney:

I think that @LaurenHW is also working with him.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
@ToriR I thought my pup had some kidney issues so I reached out to Dr Jeff as well as a few (fresh) dog food companies to see if they have any recommendations for dogs with kidney issues. One of them responded with great info and resources (wonderful customer service!) - Solutions Pet Food (Home | Solutions Pet Products). Roxanne Stone called and made recommendations based on my dog's age, weight and activity level - "Better Butter Tea," "Fish or Pork Jiggles" and Pork or Beef Recipe were the three items. She's just a wonderful human being and I recommend that you reach out to her.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for the great recommendation Christine. I'll check out Solutions and maybe get to speak with Roxanne.

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered

Yoda's getting lots of supplements and has lots of health challenges. Are you working with a trained holistic vet?

I'd also strongly advise your adding a vet homeopath to your vet care team. All of his issues are energetic in nature. The physical supplements can be great for supporting his body, but can not address the possible rabies miasm.

Yes I am using Dr Todd Cooney and cannot recommend him enough! He is incredibly skilled at choosing the right Homeopathic Remedies! He’s very patient, kind and a great listener!
Every Remedy he has recommended has worked perfectly and has helped Romeo do a turn around! Get on his schedule! He’s affordable!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing your experience with Dr. Cooney, Lauren.

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
@ChristineL First, so sorry! Dr Cooney will help. As for Diet, Go to www.drjudymorgan.com and either on her site or Blog she has great Articles and recipes for Kidney and Pancreatitis.

Maybe Dr Jean has recipes and recommendations on this and in her book? @Dr. Jean Hofve

ToriR

All-Access Member
Registered
Do you know anything about

Dr. Jeff,
Are you familiar with the ingredient Cholecalciferol (Source of Vitamin D3)? It is in Yoda’s renal support food & when I looked this ingredient up it sounds extremely toxic, kidney failure inducing. Is this a synthetic form of vitamin d3? Is my dog being slowly poisoned?

ToriR

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff should the antibiotic injection Covenia go anywhere near a dog with kidney failure? My dog was given this out of fear of respiratory infection after he threw up antibiotics, we trusted our vet, knowing they know our stance on vaccines. We are to blame for not doing more research as we know better. Do you have any insight on this drug?

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
I just watched Adored Beast YouTubes on Liver Support which also supports Kidneys and ALL ORGANS! I’ve been giving it to Romeo for 2 weeks and he has improved!

He has lowered Kidney Function from Precept a pesticide the HOA spray behind our yard!

Adored Beast took 6 years to research and formulate Felix’s Probiotics which has Cat specific flora and uses Larch as the prebiotic which was found in Cats feces while researching. They also have one for Dogs called Fido’s Flora!

Its worth a lil over an hour to watch the youtube of Julie and our very own Dr Jean and the Crazy Cat Ladies discuss Felix’s Probiotic and all the research and benefits!! Fascinating!!

So I’m ordering it for Romeo because I also watched Dr Judy Morgans Talk on the Cat Summit on Kidneys and she specifically said give Adored Beast or Azodyl Probiotics!

I was searching gigh and low for a replacement for Azodyl probiotics because i have tonorder through a Vet and its $100
a bottle!

I found the same 3 strains in Azodly are in Felix’s probiotics plus 14 more probiotic strains!!! And no artificial ingredients!!! I like that Julie chose Larch because of its benefits and its species appropriate and what they found in Nature!

I also have used Adored Beast PhytoSynergy which is incredibile and complete! Theres short youtubes on all their products.

So the Liver Support is gentle and support all organs and regenerates Kidney cells and function! Julie addressed why its better than trying to detox with straight Milk Thistle!

Look on Adored Beast Website and Learn more & check out their YouTubes!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom