• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

New to forum

F

Frances

Hi, I am new to the forum ( a week ou) and am just still finding my way around. I have two dogs, one is female Maltese, Bernadette, 6.5 years old and a male Maltese, Harpo, 8 months old.
Just wanted to say hello and am grateful for the wonderful information available on this forum.

AmyFeinman

HA! Faculty
? Frances- I’m here to help if I can. My specialty is cooking and baking-plus common sense solutions. Thanks for joining!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great to see you here Frances!

As Amy said, just let me know if I can help.

F

Frances

? Frances- I’m here to help if I can. My specialty is cooking and baking-plus common sense solutions. Thanks for joining!
Hi Amy, I cook for my pups, but am still trying to figure out how much of this and that and whats best for Harpo with his liver shunt. he does not like canned food, and I am glad, and he loves ground meat. So providing him a balanced meal so that he doesn't express any other symptoms is the key. What kind of healthy dog treats do you make ?

F

Frances

Great to see you here Frances!

As Amy said, just let me know if I can help.
Thank you Dr Jeff. My little one is being neutered this morning and having some baby teeth extracted and he the vet discovered he has a cracked tooth, and a hole in the gum , and I am sure this is from him crunching on pebbles and little granite rocks from the yard. Our vet said these are typical symptoms of the liver shunt he has, But I am wondering how else can I help my little guy with his health. I cook for him, have him on a couple of supplements you recommended, but as I mentioned to Amy, i am not sure what or how much of certain foods I should or should not be giving him. He does consume more of a plant based diet, and loves ground meat, and I am happy to say that dizzy swaying he had once experienced no longer occurs, and he has not thrown up for over two weeks. ( he occasionally used to throw up in the middle of the night .) I don't feed him past 8 pm which has helped prevent him form throwing up. Your input would be appreciated.

AmyFeinman

HA! Faculty
Hi Amy, I cook for my pups, but am still trying to figure out how much of this and that and whats best for Harpo with his liver shunt. he does not like canned food, and I am glad, and he loves ground meat. So providing him a balanced meal so that he doesn't express any other symptoms is the key. What kind of healthy dog treats do you make ?
I make biscuits, training treats and vegetable stews. I make very easy biscuits 3 ingredients vegan foolproof! There should be recipes and a video on the site. Biscuits I do a chia seed/water base, add some fruit or veggie mush , combine almond flour until it forms a stiff dough pulls away from bowl. Then I make little balls, smush them and bake 300 until totally dry and crunch.

AmyFeinman

HA! Faculty

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Frances, regarding what else you can do, that's exactly what this weekend's seminar will teach you!

I hope we see you there (new members get a $50 discount with the NEWMEMBER coupon.

www.holisticactions.com/spring-seminar

The approach to helping both Bernadette and Harpo is to optimize their Vitality and maximize their Balance.

You'll read much more about this on the forum and hear us discuss it every week during the Monday Empower Hour! webinars.

For now, and in addition to fresh (and especially raw) food feeding, you can maximize outdoor exposure to sunlight, exercise, and especially connecting with other dogs.

Outdoor playgroups accomplish all three goals.

In addition, any of your pup's symptoms can be used to help guide internal energetic treatment with an experienced homeopath.

Amy, thanks for clarifying Frances' dog treat question.

F

Frances

Frances, regarding what else you can do, that's exactly what this weekend's seminar will teach you!

I hope we see you there (new members get a $50 discount with the NEWMEMBER coupon.

www.holisticactions.com/spring-seminar

The approach to helping both Bernadette and Harpo is to optimize their Vitality and maximize their Balance.

You'll read much more about this on the forum and hear us discuss it every week during the Monday Empower Hour! webinars.

For now, and in addition to fresh (and especially raw) food feeding, you can maximize outdoor exposure to sunlight, exercise, and especially connecting with other dogs.

Outdoor playgroups accomplish all three goals.

In addition, any of your pup's symptoms can be used to help guide internal energetic treatment with an experienced homeopath.

Amy, thanks for clarifying Frances' dog treat question.
Thank you Dr Jeff. I have been cooking my dogs food and pureeing it slightly. I give them raw fruit for lunch and they will snack on cucumbers, carrots and celery sticks. Should all their food be raw, including meat??? We haven't engaged them in much dog play groups, due to Bernadette's health, as she is on the road to recovery, and we need to build her immune up. And now that Harpo had surgery...but it is on my list for play groups. Sunshine..they love the sun! :)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great!:thumbsup:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom