• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Natural solution

MirjanaC

Registered
Aria
13 months
female
not sterilized
Labrador Retriever
26/27 kg

Hi.
I've been following your site for a long time, I'm a new member and I'm really looking forward to it. This is my first post.
We don't have a holistic vet in my country, so your advice is very useful. Thank you for making everything so public dr Jeff, I am extremely grateful.

I have a 13 month old labrador. She eats raw meat, she received all the vaccines that were necessary at the beginning (in our country, vaccination against rabies is mandatory once a year) and now she should receive it a second time. However, I would somehow avoid all those vaccines except the one for rabies if I had to. For the first few months (last year) they gave us nexgard, but I wouldn't use it anymore. We got some natural spray for fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, as well as Billy No Mates CSJ and she drinks Verm-X for internal parasites.

Please for your advice on how I should protect her now that the season starts without having to give her nexgard and similar chemicals.
There is really a lot of information on the site and maybe I got lost somewhere. Honestly, I don't know what I would rather use.

Another thing I'm interested in is what homeopathic medicine could she take as needed and/or daily? We have a vet who is a homeopath, so she could give her medicine.
If I have to vaccinate her in March against rabies, what could I give her before and/or after the vaccine to possibly protect her a bit? If at all possible.

I apologize for the long post. Thanks for your reply.

With love, Mirjana.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Mirjana!

Thanks so much. for your support of the HA! community and making your first post!

And thank you Km for sharing the vaccine resources.

Aria is one lucky girl to have you as her guardian and advocate Mirjana!! :dog2: ??

You should be able to find the answers to any of your holistic and homeopathic vet questions here.

In addition to HA! info, all you should need to work with (and not against) Aria's body so she can have the best life possible is an open-minded vet willing to work with you.

If I may ask, what country are you in?

Do you have essential oils or Earth Animal or Dr. Dobias products available to you?

Please let us know whenever you are able.

Regarding holistic (but not homeopathic) remedies to give her routinely, the most critical ones are love and happiness.

Many of the daily HA! actions are in this forum post:

You may also want to learn more about acute homeopathy and especially the 4 Awe-some As of Aconite, Apis, Arnica, and Arsenicum.

Thank you again for being part of the HA! community!

MirjanaC

Registered
Hi Mirjana!

Thanks so much. for your support of the HA! community and making your first post!

And thank you Km for sharing the vaccine resources.

Aria is one lucky girl to have you as her guardian and advocate Mirjana!! :dog2: ??

You should be able to find the answers to any of your holistic and homeopathic vet questions here.

In addition to HA! info, all you should need to work with (and not against) Aria's body so she can have the best life possible is an open-minded vet willing to work with you.

If I may ask, what country are you in?

Do you have essential oils or Earth Animal or Dr. Dobias products available to you?

Please let us know whenever you are able.

Regarding holistic (but not homeopathic) remedies to give her routinely, the most critical ones are love and happiness.

Many of the daily HA! actions are in this forum post:

You may also want to learn more about acute homeopathy and especially the 4 Awe-some As of Aconite, Apis, Arnica, and Arsenicum.

Thank you again for being part of the HA! community!

Dr. Jeff, thank you very much for your reply ?

I have already read a lot on your site, I will continue with it.

I ordered products from the UK based on essential oils, just a different manufacturer. We've been using that for the last few months, shampoo and spray against fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.

Thanks for the link. I will review everything.
I will also look into the homeopathic preparations you mentioned. I can order that here.

I think she should receive love and happiness everyday. We work on mental health. Also we take her to Agility because she loves it, there is a lot of creative content that should affect the level of her serotonin and her satisfaction as well, so I belive she is good. She is a totally cool, playful, energetic dog. For emotional health I give her Bach Remedies.

As for the cooperation with the vet, he is an ok character, expert in what he does but not focused on holism. In our country, even a single veterinarian does not recommend raw food. So we have one company that imports raw food and that's it. We use that meat. At the same time, I bought some courses like Dr. Nick Thompson, so I mostly studied that way. Your Holistic Pet Health 101 course helped me a lot in the beginning and taught me what to look out for.

So far she's great. I would like it to stay that way. Thank you very much for all the replies and advice ❤️?

What worries me the most is vaccination and heartworm. Everything else I have done a lot of research and I feel a little more confident, but with these two things I don't know how to deal and what is smart and what is not smart to do about it. I'm surrounded only by information "It's better now that she takes one pill a month nexgard or similar because when she gets a heartworm (she will get heartworm if I don't give her some kind of pill), she'll have to take even more medical drugs" and similar statements by other people, vet...

Mirjana ❤️

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Mirjana!
What worries me the most is vaccination and heartworm.
Yes, I understand as they both can create challenges.

The good new is that applying the same thinking and strategies that will help Aria to be as healthy as she can be will also help reduce any harm from the rabies or Heartgard (which is the heartworm med that I recommend).

The strategies are based on helping her maintain energetic balance and keeping her in tip T.O.P (Terrain Optimizing Protocol). Here's more about them:

MirjanaC

Registered
You're welcome Mirjana!

Yes, I understand as they both can create challenges.

The good new is that applying the same thinking and strategies that will help Aria to be as healthy as she can be will also help reduce any harm from the rabies or Heartgard (which is the heartworm med that I recommend).

The strategies are based on helping her maintain energetic balance and keeping her in tip T.O.P (Terrain Optimizing Protocol). Here's more about them:

Dr Jeff thank you so much for your advice ?
I will read everything you recommended.

Sincerely, Mirjana ??

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Mirjana! ? ??

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom