• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Melanoma

V

Vizsla3

Hi my name is Marisa and I am new to HA! I have 3 vizsla’s and I posted a question about one already and now I am posting about my 11 year old female. She has had several low grade melonoma’s removed from her body. The last two black “moles” where not cancerous. I fed her a raw diet but wanted to know what supplements/homeopathy I could give her to boost her immune system and help with theses melanomas?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Marissa-

Sorry that I missed this post (until I saw yesterday's forum recap email).

Thanks for the great question.

Exactly how are you doing the raw diet and from which sources?

Are you currently using any supplements?

What kind of water does she drink?

Where were the moles removed, and who read the biopsy (you can also just attach the report to a forum message).

Stay warm!

Dr. Jeff

V

Vizsla3

Hi Dr. Jeff
She eats honest kitchen dehydrated food. I give her esther c, probiotic and b-12. She drink RO water. Her first mole was on her ear. Another mole on her shoulder. I do not have the biopsy report on me. I will try to get it.
She acts like a young dog. She is 11 years old and initiates play with my other two dogs.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
OK!

My very first suggestion then is to start building her her Vitality and healing ability by adding fresh foods to her diet.

Things like the unprocessed foods, some of which you may already be eating.

For her, especially important are raw meats such as beef, chicken, venison, lamb, etc.

In addition, foods we eat such as fresh fruits like wild blueberries, vegetables like beets, sprouted seeds, beans and mushrooms add awesome phytonutrients!

It is also fantastic to hear that she still has great energy!!

Playing with the other dogs is great both to improve her vitality through exercise as well as for helping optimize her balance through social interaction.

Now's also great time to start recording her symptoms details and using them to help internal homeopathic treatment to address her underlying imbalance that led to her liver spots in the first place.

Above all, try to avoid anything that works against her body.

You can usually recognize these by the prefix "anti" (anti-biotics, anti-inflammatories, ant-histamines, etc.).

Please let us all know what you are doing for her and how she is responding.

Dr. Jeff

V

Vizsla3

Thank you Dr Jeff.
I feed her everything you mentioned except the mushrooms. What type of mushrooms and how much do I give?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Regarding mushrooms, the Vitality Blend powder from Myriad Mycology offers an awesome mix of mushrooms which I often recommend.

You can sprinkle some on her (and your) food.

In addition, during Dr. Ihor's Empower Hour! (which is archived in your member area) he mentioned the CAS Options mushroom tablets that are especially helpful for pets with more serious dis-eases.

Either is fine in this situation.

Dr. Jeff

jsqueglia

VIP Member
Registered
Quick question about the mushroom powder.
Can the powder be used in cooking? Like in dog cookies or the fresh cooked mixture that I make my dogs?
Just curious if the benefits of the mushrooms would be compromised in the cooking process?
Thanks,
Jackie

kristen_acri

VIP Member
Registered
I wondering if you could you mix the Vitality Blend into your cooked food before you serve. Also curious about what state the mushrooms are in when the Vitality Blend is made. Some say cooking mushrooms lightly before eating is better.

So many questions, right?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Absolutely Kristen and Jackie!

As Kirsten mentions, low and slow cooking can actually increase the mushroom activity.

Vitality Blend is delicious in salads, soups, as a crust for salmon, etc.

As far as I know, the mushrooms in it are dried directly after growing.

The ingredients are: Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum), Cordyceps (Cordyceps militaris), Lion's Mane (Hericium erinaceus), Chaga (Inonotus oliquus), Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor), Maitake (Grifola frondosa), Shiitake (Lentinula edodes), Blazei (Agaricus blazei), Agarikon (Laricifomes officinales), and Mesima Sang-Huang (Phellinus linteus)

Dr. Jeff

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom