• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Just recently blind 8 year old stubborn dog

RaulM

Registered
Dog has cancer she has been in remission for a year now she is eating less. She is maintaining weight she eats after a car ride and short walk. She has squamous cell cancer been working with a homeopath that Christina chambrau recommended in charlotte. He is really good. When do you know that it is time to let go.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Oh, dear. This such a difficult decision to make.

Her overall BEAM, happiness and even joy for life are the first criteria to look at.

Then see if she has periods of apparent pain (crying, isolating, shivering, etc.) and consider palliatives like CBDs or even drugs (like Buprenex).

If she is not happy and has obvious pain that can't be controlled, then it may be time to let her go.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I agree with Dr. Jeff. You should never push it, but wait until it's obvious there is no fun to be had - no quality of life mentally, emotionally - or insurmountable physical pain blinding her to any chance of enjoyment of surroundings and your company. Be prepared to ask her to tell you when she is done - and make sure she is not hanging on beyond reason just so as not to hurt or disappoint you.

It's the most unselfish thing we can do - but we will all be forgiven for getting it a bit wrong, I feel, so don't beat yourself up.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Thank you so much for sharing your journey and especially I want to remind healers to use whatever modalities they have with their animals. Last year you said you were a pranic healer and also practice quantum healing and that it made a huge difference when you started it. I am sure you are still doing this.

I want to be sure you are still using all the tools you have. There is, of course, no one right answer for deciding on euthanasia. In my reading of your post, she seems to be doing very well right now and may have months to years to go. Dr. Bernie Siegel, in his talk, shared that the vet was ready to euthanize the family dog and he just brought her home to be loved, and she lived another 4 years.

Gail Pope's course (looks like a fee, but it is a member benefit) and so many of our speakers address this topic. Search for hospice, Gail Pope, Many do phone consulting and are intuitive, so can help you realize what your pup is thinking & feeling. However, you all are with her 24/7 and so value your judgement more than anyone else.

First, stay in the present time, talk of all the joys and fun you all have had in the past, and do not worry much about making that decision. Spend quiet time listening to her.

With Dr. Schacht and your healing abilities, there may be many good days and not so good days. You can address each new symptom or change with energy healing. For the decrease in appetite, that can be a way of helping themselves pass, or it can be a change in smell, etc. Offer ANY food she likes in small amounts - even carbs, ice cream, cheese - ones you may not think healthy. If you find something she does want to eat, then find a healthy version of it.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom