• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Increased respiration

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I am taking Blossom to the vet today. A few days ago I noticed increased respiration on resting, the breaths seem variable and not rhythmic, i.e. not evenly spaced. She still has the puffing walking and walking so slowly. I cannot imagine what a young dog could possibly have but this seems more than thyroid. No cough or congestion. Today and last week I saw her lay under a chair once and today she was laying down in a different spot and facing in the direction of a wall. She enjoyed being outside this morning, sniffing and still wants to walk outside but I limit it because it is hot. I have seen her drink water about 6 times in almost 7 months. She does like the juice from her food. Anyway, the blood drawn today will not come back till tomorrow. I would say her energy seems to go down some daily. She didn't always get up today when I walk out the door (she hears a chime and would always come running) She has been off and on puffing her cheeks walking and walking slow intermittently since I got her in Sept but now in the last couple weeks it is all the time unless she is on adrenaline from excitement and then she crashes on the floor soon as we come in.

Are there any benign causes for all this. Heartworm? Could something be stuck in her digestive tract--if you recall I was feeding her raw turkey with some sharp bones.Do dogs get flu---she was licking the face of someone quite profusely a few times and since then she got worse. I hope I get some answers even without the blood back today.I don't feel symptoms are my friends if I don't know what to do with them or have a diagnosis. I am most concerned about the respiration and tiredness. What are the implications of the cheek puffing and slow walking. Can this be a reproductive issue? Last heat onset was mid december. I don't think my vet knows a lot about unspayed dog problems. Anything you can add so I can have it checked today would be helpful

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Are there any benign causes for all this.
Yes! Although symptoms may not yet be your friend Lil, they definitely can be early warning signs (before there is any overt dis-ease).

Many times we'll see symptoms that can be explained in various pathological ways but where there is no detectable pathology.

This is the situation where either meds are prescribed without a diagnosis or where the client and patient are sent home to wait and watch to see if things get worse.

However in many cases, the body does it's job and re-balances and the symptoms resolve.

"Tincture of Time" is a super powerful medicine!

And it is fueled by having sufficient vitality to regain homeostasis (balance).
What are the implications of the cheek puffing and slow walking.
Let's see what your vet exam finds, Lil.

Are you working with a trained and experienced vet homeopath?

BTW-I realize that this is all a rehash of what you and I have discussed over the years, but it may be useful for new HA! community members.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I guess I should do something. The results from her bloodwork are only partially in..... She has some increased Hemoglobin and reticulocytes. The ProBNP was normal. Her BEAM is she likes to eat, likes to go outside to sniff or walk, She NEVER drinks water even if I put it in front of her. Yes she eats fluid in her food but this weather requires her to be taking in more IMO, she is laying around all the time and plopping in the hall or garage after walking outside, I also notice she lays under a chair or facing a wall sometimes.

Maybe this should be a new post but I reviewed her shelter records last night and saw she was considered healthy. Respiration was normal there. I also found a note I made to myself the first week after she was here noting low energy, tired on walks etc.... That is when I thought it was the Trazadone and I got her off it. Long story short, the intermittent slow walking has progressed to all the time and also respiration issues walking. So I DO feel that she needed a vaccine detox remedy from the get go because she DID have symptoms. I shuddered to see all she was given in the shelter. Even without symptoms I feel I should have given her something. She had the DHLLP2 second shot the day she left the shelter. She had rabies, bordatella, flea and tick treatment, antibiotics for kennel cough. Also who knows, worst case, what if whoever had her had her vaxxed before she went into the shelter so she was getting all of them again. Add the stress (trembling and hiding) and no wonder after 7 months without any remedy, her symptoms have progressed.

I don't know if it is too late for a anti vax remedy but I knew 7 months ago things were NOT normal for a dog her age. I have strong intuition and 5 dogs for comparison. She was NOT normal. Even my JJ who was overvaxxed was not short on energy when I got him after his 7 years of abuse and health problems.

If happiness and attention could make her better she would not be getting more symptomatic. I am a realist as well and like a refrigerator that breaks, it will not fix itself without a new part

My vet did say something about maybe she is losing blood somewhere but the stool did not have melena. I wonder sometimes if that turkey chub with the sharp bone fragments that had points could have lodged somewhere but then you would see bloody stool, I guess.

Leaning toward canceling her spay. She may need more work up with imaging. I will not let her have surgery unless I am 100 percent comfortable knowing more and seeing her trotting on walks without effort.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom