• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Hyperthyroid cat!

AnneH

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks, Dr. Jeff

Since her vomiting at 2:30 pm:

I tried getting her to eat about four different foods/mixes, and she would eat only a smidgen or turn up her nose.

She has only been drinking warm water over bits of food to make a thin gravy. Not as much as she is used to drinking.

Since I scrubbed out her water bowl a few days ago, she's a lot less interested in that.

She did, however, enjoy an extended treat toss time (those little stars)
but she seems a bit off balance and a bit confused. I wrote confused in my journal two days ago, but decided that might be me not understanding what she wanted. I finally decided that was about the water bowl

Hoping to receive homeopathic meds tomorrow. They did not yet arrive.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, please let us know what happens with her BEAM after the first doses!

AnneH

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff,

Help!

I need to know the basics of “to dose or not to dose” and when, with Girlie’s Lycopodium Q1.

Our last phone appointment was on 3/11, and late that night I gave her her second dose as you had suggested. I dosed her again on 3/14, having sensed there was not much change.

Change is a difficult word in the context of Girlie’s life, because no two days are alike in what she eats, when she eats, whether she vomits or not, what type of vomit it is, whether vomit is immediately before or after pooping or not connected (we’ve seen all more than once), whether she keeps 13 oz of food in her one day or only 4 oz the next, and the reason why she can’t keep it down.

You have said that sometimes the exacerbation of symptoms is indication that the treatment is working. When her most prominent symptoms are eating a lot while not gaining weight and vomiting, it can be difficult to see this as a positive. :)

You have also suggested that the most reasonable first goal is for Girlie to put on weight, and a raw food diet is the healthier choice in general. I agree with both ideas. Making both happen when she resists raw is a challenge that has become my spiritual practice ~ to stay calm and positive and to remember that all is well whatever is happening.

I told you on 3/11 that Girlie had gained weight and was now 5 lbs. She is still 5 lbs.

Lately she has been vomiting more and eating less, and eating less raw. These last two doses haven’t seemed to improve her major symptoms (vomiting, and eating lots without weight gain). This is my general impression. I would love to back it up with quantifiable data but it requires me putting off asking these questions for longer than I am comfortable with. Girlie’s BEAM is great when eating bowlfuls of her favorite foods and treats, and can be thrown off temporarily with hunger (irritability) or discomfort. She usually does a lot of sleeping after eating a lot or throwing up.

I am guessing it is time to dose again. I’m not qualified to make a homeopathic decision yet because I have too much more to learn. I have been implementing the following holistic actions:

Adding pumpkin to her diet has helped to curb the vomiting, but recently she’s been vomiting moreAstragalus Dr. Zach Bush’s ION Biome for pets, starting with one drop a day, now I put 3 drops a.m. and p.m. into water and mix with her food to help with her gut issues

Giving her more potassium rich foods like coconut oil and spinach

I give her as much ZiwiPeak wet food as I can to raise the quality of her food, but when I gave her their air dried chicken as treats which she went crazy for, she vomited them up later

I tried again with just a couple tonight

I always try to give her as much Rawganics chicken as I can hide in her food, but the max has been 3/8 tsp in 12 or 13 oz of food, and we’re on a decline now

I ordered samples of essential oils which have yet to arrive
I discovered on the reiki webinar that I do a lot of reiki with the cats (and people) so I am more conscientious about continuing this

Whatever you can suggest to help me know when to dose or not?

and is it possible that Girlie’s gut is too compromised to digest raw food very well? I ask because if I slip some into tuna, for instance, she can gobble it up without knowing it is there, but throw it up anyway, sometimes hours later. That is not to say that her vomiting is only linked to raw food; she can and does vomit after eating the most benign foods.

Thanks so much for your help. I look forward to catching up with the COVID-19 info asap

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hiya Anne-

I'll reply here to your general questions, and the approach to dosing, but would also appreciate your sending me the info you wrote by email.

Ideally, use the web form or the format in it so I can properly evaluate your updates in context.

In general, aggravation after a homeopathic medicine occurs hours to a few days after you give a dose. If it occurs at all!

It's important to distinguish this from general worsening of the dis-ease imbalance.

Often BEAM is fine although one or two specific symptoms, like vomiting or diarrhea, are transiently worse.

Here's a few threads about dosing that might be helpful:

Regarding a dosing decision, that's based on whether you saw any progress after the second dose.

If it's as if you've done nothing with the doses, then you might want to try dosing again but using 5 extra succussions.

In general, if there is no improvement, especially in energy, then an official update and/or recheck is a good idea.

Often a complete update, evaluated in the context of the full records, is enough to decide what to do.

The 3rd step of Holistic Medical Decision Making (implementing a plan) takes 6 months or more to learn...

Keep asking lots of great questions like these!

Stay safe, Vital ? and healthy.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom