• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

How long does a shot of homeopathic medicine work for

LilF

Community Member
Registered
My dogs get a shot of homeopathic zeel and traumeel every 3 weeks. I understand that those remedies treat pain and inflammation. How long do they work for? Is it like an aspirin where it works for a few hours, days etc... and then the inflammation or pain returns? Is it worth continuing to get this if it only lasts a few hours or a day? It seems that it might be a waste of money if it doesn't mitigate for the longer term. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I can't comment because I don't use these.

The Heel products are homeopathically-prepared but are not actually homeopathic. As far as I know that is.

For a substance to be truly homeopathic it needs to be "proved" in order to know what symptoms the pure medicine can cause (or cure).

To my knowledge, no combination product has been proved.

Sorry to not be more helpful Lil. @Dr. Sue may have a better answer for you.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I second Dr. Jeff here: although folks swear by these sorts of remedy, they are not at all homeopathic in their action. They MAY offer some temporary palliative effect; I have never experienced or observed it in use. To me, this sort of remedy gives "real" homeopathic use a bit of a bad name, underplaying its real power to reach inside the body and stimulate healing. But this takes work with an experienced homeopath. It's magical when properly applied:)

Last edited:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom