• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Homeopathic Strength for Horses?

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
I am wondering what the most common Strength and doses are used for Horses? I want to give Arnica or Rus Tox. Tried Arnica 30c 4 pellets for a Horse that's limping and has a swollen lower back on right side, very agitated and restless. Less agitated, but still limping and swollen especially after a cold front and rain. Please advise or redirect me. Many thanks. Any good books or sites for Horses would be most appreciated.

HA! Support

Administrator
All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Lauren.
Can you provide a bit more information about your horse? It's age? Do you know what caused the issue? When did it start? Is your horse elderly? Does it have any underlying issues or anything that exacerbates this one?
@Dr. Jeff and @Dr. Christina, your thoughts?
Thank you.
Kim

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Lauren-

Sorry for the slow reply!

Thank you Kim, for bringing this super important post to my attention!!

I am wondering what the most common Strength and doses are used for Horses
Great question, thanks for asking. The dose and potency chosen for each individual is based on the totality of each horses 4 P (characteristic) symptoms.
Arnica or Rus Tox. Tried Arnica 30c 4 pellets for a Horse that's limping and has a swollen lower back on right side, very agitated and restless. Less agitated, but still limping and swollen especially after a cold front and rain.
Arnica, (not Rhus) is safe and most effective at the highest potency available.

Ideally in water succussed before dosing.

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
How about using Hypericum. We think a nerve is pinched in the Back. Trying to get a Holistic Vet/Chiropractor out.

Dr. Sara

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Tim Couzens book, "Homeopathy for Horses" is excellent. Tim is a good friend and an experienced horse and small animal practitioner.

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
Hi Lauren.
Can you provide a bit more information about your horse? It's age? Do you know what caused the issue? When did it start? Is your horse elderly? Does it have any underlying issues or anything that exacerbates this one?
@Dr. Jeff and @Dr. Christina, your thoughts?
Thank you.
Kim
Horse has old injuries to back from rearing up and falling onto back. He was a Roping Horse that's retired now.I think she's around 23 years old.

Its a friends Horse and the owner is bedridden/pregnant. Horse has had a flare up with change of weather/cold/rain, freight of Mtn. Lion in rural neighborhood and owner being bedridden. That's A LOT!

She has been pacing and working herself into a full sweat. She paces. When I put a PEMF Mat on her back she stood still and was very relaxed, head down, chewing and eating.

I did a lot of energy healing with her which also seemed to really calm her down immediately and has kept her much calmer in general. Still a bad limp. They're working on finding a Vet and Chiropractor and Massage Therapist to come, but haven't yet.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom