• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Alternate delivery method of homeopathic remedy

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Well, even though I wasn't supposed to give Blossom the thuja and Lyssin. I did attempt to give her the dropperful of thuja twice. The first time it was ok and she accepted it. The second day she ran from me. So, if I do pursue homeopathy, I wouldn't be comfortable putting a dropperful in her mouth. My JJ let me do it easily--good boy. My Gabby would never let me in her mouth and likewise ran from me. (It was NOT easy giving her the yunnan baiyou caps dissolved in a syringe.) My question is: how would I get her to take a homeo remedy. A vet I worked with years ago told me it is ok to put it in skim milk because the remedy and the milk have lactose. So whatever remedy is prescribed can it be delivered in say a couple tablespoons of skim milk to lap up? IF not, then I won't even bother spending the money to pursue this therapy. It is too stressful to chase her around the house twice a day for dosing. I pet her and she lets me touch her mouth but I guess the thuja must have tasted bitter.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Sometimes our animals are wise enough to tell us they do not need a dose of a remedy, so it is wise to pay attention. Maybe one dose was enough for now. Wait and see what changes.

This is where, when treating chronic problems rather than acute, it is good to work with a veterinary homeopath.

This webinar was all about administration and posology in general: Non member login - Holistic Actions! In that slide set David Little says:
“...begin with a single test dose followed by an appropriate time
waiting and watching. In cases where there is a perceptibly progressive
and strikingly increasing amelioration it is best to wait and watch...as
long as this extraordinary state lasts. The dose is repeated only on the
early signs of relapse.

for administration, this slide is good:
Many methods to get in mouth, up nose, rectum,
vagina such as: even though most are in the mouth.
• olfaction (sniffing) not mouth
• Q-tip
• toothpick
• teaspoon
• syringe, etc.

Next slide: Other ways to administer the dose:
In tiny amount of bland food
Squirt from a distance
Rub on hairless skin

So, yes, you can give in any bland dairy product.

Sometimes, when only one dose of a higher potency is being given, and the plan is to wait a month before changing prescriptions, it is better to force the issue and put directly in the mouth. For your experimenting with Thuja and Lyssin now, you can try in a 1/2 teaspoon of milk.

Dr. Christina

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Dr. Christina, very useful to know especially since I more than likely am going to pursue homeopathy. But like with the thuja, they want to give an entire dropperful versus what I have heard used in other administration methods, only needing to touch the gum with a moistened q-tip of the remedy.

The dog rejecting it and maybe the wisdom of the body says they don't need it makes me think about my other dogs.... JJ would not take his thyroid meds and I had to dissolve and syringe into him--he often did not swallow even though he let me put it in his mouth. I am sure he needed thyroid as he needed it for many years. I never tested his levels though after I had to switch to a new vet who had a different brand.... thyrosyn versus the thyro tabs he was on for many years. Also, another dog, Gabby, who had hemangio I am sure needed the yunnan baiyou yet she ran from me. Myself, there are some days that I just cannot put one more supplement in my mouth, I take probably 50 a day. But anyway, with Blossom, after two doses of thuja, she peed in the house after not having done it since she was in heat in December and when I went out of town for 9 hours she was here (this was ok and I had no problem with that). So how do we know, if I am to get started in homeopathy, if the remedy causes something, like the peeing in the house yesterday. I never gave her the lyssin due to what Dr. Jeff said about its possible effect of aggression. And I am stopping the thuja as of today. I am checking the availability of all the links Dr. Jeff posted (except Dr. Sagrera). On the delivery method, it would be good to have a spray botle and just spray some her way but I had to chuckle at the squirting from a distance method because I think I may have attempted that in desperation at some point :))) Thank you as always for your detailed answer which gives me things to try. Ha ha, I don't think she likes me near her lady parts either......like when it comes to wiping her feet.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Who is they? But like with the thuja, they want to give an entire dropperful versus what I have heard used in other administration methods, only needing to touch the gum with a moistened q-tip of the remedy.
Read what I sent you about dosing. There is no correct amount = regardless of size. Whoever "they" is may have a different opinion, so you would need to speak with them. Again, a reason to have your own trained homeopath.

lossom, after two doses of thuja, she peed in the house after not having done it since she was in heat in December and when I went out of town for 9 hours she was here (this was ok and I had no problem with that). So how do we know, if I am to get started in homeopathy, if the remedy causes something, like the peeing in the house yesterday.
Read on the website about cure, palliation and suppression. We look at THE TOTALITY of symptoms, and the order of appearance, the BEAM and the EWS. Since the pee was an old symptom, it can be an indication that Thuja was a good choice and the vital force was cleaning house of past imbalances. This should be accompanied with better BEAM and a variety of other signs I cannot go into here.
I never gave her the lyssin due to what Dr. Jeff said about its possible effect of aggression.
Now you see why homeopathy is best one remedy at a time. Each remedy's action on the vital force needs to be carefully evaluated before the next prescription.

It would be good to keep training her (never give up) to allow her to treat whole body.

Dr. Christina

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I will be working with Dr. Judy starting thursday, and Dr. Jeff chiming in too.... I worked with Dr. Judy at the end with JJ but JJ was too far gone from the combo remedies from the first homeopath. Dr. Judy had picked one remedy for him, pulsatilla which JJ was on for a month His nocturia had ceased after over a year of wetting the bed. She is very thorough and even was so thorough reading everything after JJ died to help me understand what was going on with his symptoms. It helped me greatly. I look forward to working with her again and this forum on Blossom. Thank you Dr. Christina for taking the time to educate me!!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom