• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Homeopathic help for my 19 year Cat, Zoe who is in Renal Failure

D

DanielleM

In need of Homeopathic treatment suggestions/ remedies for my 19 year old CKD kitty whose symptoms are getting worse, despite daily veterinary care. She gets 50 mL of daily sub Q fluids, along with anti-nausea medication (Zofran, Cerenia, & Famotodine), Entyce appetite stimulant, Aluminum Hydroxide Phosphorous Binder in her food, Potassium, PetTinic, Astros Oil (when she sporadically accepts it in her food). Her symptoms are weakness, loss of muscle mass, constipation, lethargy, difficulty chewing (I feed her pate food), dehydration, decreased appetite. Since this morning, she has now lost control of her back legs and cannot walk! Also, her head is shaky and unsteady today, as well. I’m kind of desperate here for something more to help her. I finally got her last two blood test panels from my vet from April 27 and May 6th.
@Dr. Jeff @DrChristina

314C0604-3337-4CC6-AE11-2A40DE0BFEA4.jpeg

8E621AE8-7361-4932-930E-4B4A3AFA7D13.jpeg

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
We spoke recently and I thought you had decided to become a client of Dr. Jeff. As we talked, I know you were concerned about not having records available from your vet, nor ability to go back over 19 years of health/illness. That is FINE. Dr. Jeff, nor other homeopaths, do NOT NEED past records. they can help a lot in finding the best homeopathic medicine, but they are not critically needed.

What is critically needed for Zoe, with all her worsening health challenges, to have either a veterinary homeopath full time (by phone is fine) or an excellent TCVM vet.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Danielle-

I'm sorry to hear about Zoe's health challenges. :(

It looks like the combination of a low cellular potassium level and elevated phosphorus level are the two biggest issues right now (the phosphorus is directly toxic to her kidneys).

Is there anything she loves, loves, loves? If you can help her to start purring that would help mobilize her natural healing abilities.

Since she is now so weak that she can not walk away from you, one thing to try is to sit with her and slowly pet/massage her by gently running your hands from her head to her tail.

Perhaps start there, and check in with your local vet and let us know how she's doing in a few hours.

D

DanielleM

We spoke recently and I thought you had decided to become a client of Dr. Jeff. As we talked, I know you were concerned about not having records available from your vet, nor ability to go back over 19 years of health/illness. That is FINE. Dr. Jeff, nor other homeopaths, do NOT NEED past records. they can help a lot in finding the best homeopathic medicine, but they are not critically needed.

What is critically needed for Zoe, with all her worsening health challenges, to have either a veterinary homeopath full time (by phone is fine) or an excellent TCVM vet.

Dr. Christina
Yes thank you. I did reach out to Dr. Jeff via voicemail message and email last week asking to become a client and now reaching out again on the forum as you suggested. I definitely do want to become a client of @Dr. Jeff Thanks so much

D

DanielleM

Yes thank you. I did reach out to Dr. Jeff via voicemail message and email last week asking to become a client and now reaching out again on the forum as you suggested. I definitely do want to become a client of @Dr. Jeff Thanks so much. I also reached out to two other homeopathic vets from the list last week but they haven’t responded either and I feel like Zoe is declining fast.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I see Dr. Christina's posted at the same time that I did, so I wanted to address one part of it.

Yes, it would be awe-some to have a vet homeopath, acupuncturist or other energetic healer on your vet care team in the near future.

However you can start activating her vis medicatrix naturae right away to try and get her over this health hump. I forgot to mention that it's also helpful if you sit outside in the sun with her when you dtart using the Happiness Protocol.

The more that you can help her engage and connect, with you and the environment, the better.
The healing power of nature - vis medicatrix naturae - is an ancient medical principle that includes reference to the innate ability of the body to heal itself. While acknowledging that vis medicatrix naturae can be influenced by anything from physician bedside manner to belief in placebo, medical scholars have typically defined it as an internal healing response designed to repair and rebuild [2]. Consider, for example, the healing of a fracture; "naturae" in the contemporary context is what we now recognize as the production of immune chemicals and the initiation of enzymatic reactions, a proper balance of pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines, osteoblast and osteoclast activity etc., in the remodeling of bones. However, a century ago biologist Sir John Arthur Thomson provided an additional interpretation of the word nature within the context of vis medicatrix, defining it instead as the natural, non-built physical environment in which humans live their lives - i.e. that the healing power of nature is also that associated with mindful immersion in and contact with the animate and inanimate natural portions of our external world [1]. In our review we will re-examine the contentions of Sir J. Arthur Thomson, and in particular his suggestion that the healing power of the nature-based environment extends into the realm of mental health

Frequent (anywhere from every few minutes to every few hours) doses of Rescue Remedy (from the health food store) and Reiki would also be great to start right now.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Danielle, feel free to schedule an initial evaluation for anytime you find on the online scheduler at homevet,com (bottom left of every page).

If you haven't already done so, please also submit a new client/patient firm:

New Client Questionaire

D

DanielleM

Hey Danielle-

I'm sorry to hear about Zoe's health challenges. :(

It looks like the combination of a low cellular potassium level and elevated phosphorus level are the two biggest issues right now (the phosphorus is directly toxic to her kidneys).

Is there anything she loves, loves, loves? If you can help her to start purring that would help mobilize her natural healing abilities.

Since she is now so weak that she can not walk away from you, one thing to try is to sit with her and slowly pet/massage her by gently running your hands from her head to her tail.

Perhaps start there, and check in with your local vet and let us know how she's doing in a few hours.
Thanks Dr. Jeff. I’ve been doing that constantly - she is very lovable, however something going on with her throat is not allowing her to purr or meow lately. I’m not sure if you’re taking new homeopathic clients/patients, but I tried to reach you to get an appointment as soon as possible. My vet isn’t really offering any solutions beyond what we have been doing.

D

DanielleM

I see Dr. Christina's posted at the same time that I did, so I wanted to address one part of it.

Yes, it would be awe-some to have a vet homeopath, acupuncturist or other energetic healer on your vet care team in the near future.

However you can start activating her vis medicatrix naturae right away to try and get her over this health hump. I forgot to mention that it's also helpful if you sit outside in the sun with her when you dtart using the Happiness Protocol.

The more that you can help her engage and connect, with you and the environment, the better.

Frequent (anywhere from every few minutes to every few hours) doses of Rescue Remedy (from the health food store) and Reiki would also be great to start right now.
Thank you I just saw this - I did have her out in the sun yesterday for a while and I think her allergies kind of got to her. Unfortunately, it’s not very nice out today and she is cold from her subQ. I do have rescue remedy and I have not tried that yet so I will do that now.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Ideally, the SQ fluids would be warmed before they are given.

@Dr. Christina and @Gail Pope have a cool (warm?) way of doing this with a hot water bath through which the fluids run.

D

DanielleM

Tha

@Dr. Christina and @Gail Pope have a cool (warm?) way of doing this with a hot water bath through which the fluids run.

Thanks. The vet administers them so I hope that they do that. I am devastated, and the vet said she has 24 hours at most, so she is going to pass away before we have our appointment on the 18th. She’s failing fast and I can’t get her out of this. I’m a wreck.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this Danielle.?

After I post this, I'll give you a quick call to see if there's anything we can do to help her body do its job (of keeping her alive and happy).

In the meantime, keep petting/caressing her with the slow head to tail strokes and in any other way that she loves. Maintain those loving thoughts in your head help smooth her energy flow and keep her comfortable.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom