• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Holistic Vet in Fairfield County, CT

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi and thank you in advance!

Any suggestions would be great - also, do you know if these particular vets are allowing owners in with their pets? This has been a huge deterrent to bringing my pets in for any concerns.

Lyndsey

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi, Lyndsey, before you get more suggestions from our faculty and other members, have you tried using this website to find a vet? VetFinder – Find a Holistic Veterinarian – American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association
Thank you for the suggestion! I had previously checked this site, and after having worked with one of the physicians with a former pet, I was less than enamored. I was hoping I could obtain first hand accounts for a more accurate recommendation. I hope you understand.

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
Lyndsey, how about Dr. Jeff? Is he too far from you? And @Dr. Jeff & @Dr. Christina , do you have any suggestions for Lyndsey?
No he's perfect! I just was under the impression he was only practicing homeopathy - pending I needed anything else for my pups. But please let me know if I'm mistaken!

Thank you :)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Lyndsey, and thanks Aruna for replying to Lyndsey-

Lynsey, I'd be honored to help however I am able. If you'd like to do a virtual or in office consult, please send in this intro. info then we can discuss your HMDM Goal:

New Client Questionaire

SusanI

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you for the suggestion! I had previously checked this site, and after having worked with one of the physicians with a former pet, I was less than enamored. I was hoping I could obtain first hand accounts for a more accurate recommendation. I hope you understand.
I’m in the same boat, Lyndsey. It’s really hard when you don’t have much faith in or have lost faith in a vet and don’t know where to turn. I was in a real bind last week and didn’t even get a call back about a test result (which last I knew wasn’t even run yet)! Fortunately my dog has improved greatly since and I’m grateful for that.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Yes, it can be frustrating to create your health care team. The more healers you have access to, the less you will need to depend on one of them.

Many times, as maybe with Susan, the holistic approaches you can do at home (like Reiki, acupressure, flower essences) can resolve many problems while you are assembling your team.

Yes, web sites listing holistically trained vets are challenged as often vets move or never were really on board. Looking for a hands on vet for my daughter's dog took me several days for that reason. That is why it is good to look at all the sites as there may be one who is compatible with you but not in the modality you were thinking of. And even recommendations from this group may not work as different people have different styles of interacting.

Maybe you can start a thread, "vet recommendations" and all members can list who they like working with around the world.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Susan, thank you for beautifully stating exactly a big part of why HA! exists. We are always there to offer a different (holistic and homeopathic) opinion.

You know this well as you were there at Your Healhy Pet when you, Judy, Liz, Sue, Adria and others had the idea to start something like HA! in order to have access to affordable holistic vet support.

Thank for that. ? ?:dog2:

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
I’m in the same boat, Lyndsey. It’s really hard when you don’t have much faith in or have lost faith in a vet and don’t know where to turn. I was in a real bind last week and didn’t even get a call back about a test result (which last I knew wasn’t even run yet)! Fortunately my dog has improved greatly since and I’m grateful for that.
Agreed, and now in the time of covid and "curbside vet" visits without owners, it makes it that much more challenging.

Our two had a litter of 6 puppies and we just heard from one of the families that they brought their pup for rabies only and he walked out with 7 other vaccines that they didn't notice until they got home and checked the bill - all because they couldn't go in with their pet.

I'm fortunate for my skills with humans to assist with keeping my dogs healthy and adding HA to that toolbox has been that much more of a help! But, alas, there are always emergencies and those are what I fear the most.

I'm so happy to hear of your dog's improvement, despite the frustrations that came along with. Advocacy is so important, and if there is one thing I have learned, it's that I don't care how much I have to annoy somebody, when its my family (which extends to my pets) I'm well within my right to ask as many questions or call as many times as I need. And never question your instincts - you know your pet better than anybody, regardless of what "standard of care" says. These establishments should have taken these factors into consideration when choosing to close their doors to the human-folk, but they did not, sadly.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
One way of being an advocate is to print up some very scary looking sheets of paper in VERY BIG FONT - This cat/dog is not to given any treatment, any vaccine, any injection, any testing without written approval of the owner. Ask this be put into the file, on the cover of the file and at the end of the file.

Or be very polite IN BIG FONT - Please give no treatment (unless life saving emergency), no tests and no vaccines or chemical treatments unless approved by .....give your name and anyone else who would be appropriate.
Thank you very much.

Dr. Chambreau

LyndseyM

All-Access Member
Registered
On way of being an advocate is to print up some very scary looking sheets of paper in VERY BIG FONT - This cat/dog is not to given any treatment, any vaccine, any injection, any testing without written approval of the owner. Ask this be put into the file, on the cover of the file and at the end of the file.

Or be very polite IN BIG FONT - Please give no treatment (unless life saving emergency), no tests and no vaccines or chemical treatments unless approved by .....give your name and anyone else who would be appropriate.
Thank you very much.

Dr. Chambreau
Exactly! Thank you for that reminder @Dr. Christina!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom