• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

High urinary PH but no infection

LilF

Community Member
Registered
To recap, Blossom had urgency in her urination and seemed to be squatting more on her walks presumably; trying to pee more. I talked to the surgeon who did the OSS and he said that maybe things just felt different there after the surgery. As you know her urinalysis showed high PH only and no wbc. I did do the culture and it came back today negative. So what now. I am going to stop the antibiotics which she has left, 5 days worth. Why continue --what is it killing--I do not see a point to continue so I am stopping. The antibiotic did help the redness of the incision go away and the incision looks good. The surgeon also said that he gave fluids during the surgery. The culture suggests dehydration as a reason for high PH. So I was going to give the vitamin C tonight. I have ascorbic acid and liposomal--is there any preference? Blossom was given a shot of Rimadyl when she had her surgery. I did not know they were going to do that. I do not like Rimadyl and that can cause kidney damage. What do you think about the Rimadyl. I am also reducing her veggies and feeding her just more meat. I want to test the urine again but this time do the first morning sample. The other one was mid afternoon that showed high PH. She is acting normally like a dog her age---crazy actually--all excited sometimes to go out. I notice no other changes in BEAM and maybe not AS much urgency to go outside to pee but still evaluating that. Again I do not want to continue the rest of the ABX. Will me stopping cause antibiotic resistance--how could it if there is no bacteria. I need a reason to continue or I will stop because In my mind there is no reason to kill something bad that doesn't exist.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I have ascorbic acid and liposomal--is there any preference?
They both should work just fine.
What do you think about the Rimadyl.
1 shot during surgery should be fine.

Blossom also might benefit from ~ year of rotational (when you finish with one, move to another). Perhaps The Wolf-->Fido's Flora-->other. Adored Beast probiotics-->Mitomax-->...

LilF

Community Member
Registered
They both should work just fine.

1 shot during surgery should be fine.

Blossom also might benefit from ~ year of rotational (when you finish with one, move to another). Perhaps The Wolf-->Fido's Flora-->other. Adored Beast probiotics-->Mitomax-->...

I just read polyuria was a side effect of Rimadyl but I am also hopefully thinking she was not on it for an extended period and it was out of her body next day I am told. I know it could still do damage but hoping not. I have used The Wolf and Proviable probiotics since Labor Day when she went on the medication regimen for pyometra. I am just finishing up those and have Fido's Flora in my cabinet to use next. She does have a lot of energy since Labor Day and her Pyo treatment.

I forgot to mention her culture test report did say non crystalline debris. Or maybe they were just repeating the result of the urinalysis report. I am not giving her the other 5 days of antibiotics and tomorrow I am going to call my back up vet and get another urinalysis from him. I will take a first morning urine. I gave her the Vitamin C and trying to back off on vegetables some. I will see what her urinalysis shows in the next few days. I like to repeat things that are off. Thanks for the clarification....

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I saw cranberry goat milk today at the pet store. Blossom loves goat milk so I bought some. Maybe this will also help her PH.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Most important is sending your health energy and positive thoughts.
Dr. Christina

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Thank you! I am going to retest her monday or tuesday.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I had Blossom's urine retested and her pH was fine. I was giving her the Vitamin C and goat milk cranberry and she loves petting first thing in the morning after her out...It makes her REALLY happy and all wiggly. So she is doing fine. Her urine was "hazy" usually it is "cloudy" I asked the vet but he did not answer. Her urine has never been clear to my knowledge.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom