• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Hi! joining in from Duxbury, Massachusetts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolM

All-Access Member
Registered
I have an 8 month old male cocker spaniel. Looking for a suggestion to treat constipation.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome to HA! Carol.

Let's continue discussing constipation in the diet or medical dis-ease folder.

aruna

Cat mom
Administrator
All-Access Member
@CarolM, you can just click on one of those threads that Dr. Jeff suggested, read through them and add your questions at the end. Let me know if you have any questions about how to post (support@holisticactions.com)

CarolM

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks aruna, I think I used pumpkin with another dog years ago. My pup has finally passed some stool tonight but still seems to want to pass more without success. He has a diet of 1/2 Answers pattie (either pork or beef) raw food diet with an 1/8 tsp Sustenance Herbs Blend which is prebiotic ,probiotic,& digestive enzymes and 1/2 tsp of Omega-3 Pet oil each morning. He has the other 1/2 pattie at night with 1/2 turkey neck. But I am wondering about the bully stick he ate yesterday. He was down near the end and all of a sudden it was gone. He has had these sticks before without issue. Maybe this has bound him up? His energy is good. I took him to a training, agility class for the day today and they said he was fine. I let them know the concern so they kept an eye on him. He did pass a little loose stool but was straining to do more. He was scooting after. I noticed that too, here tonight with the scooting. I gave him only the half pattie tonight. Should I try some pumpkin tomorrow morning alone or add to the pattie?

Once this issue is rectified I have questions about scratching and biting himself. I noticed the scratching since the day I brought him home at 13 weeks. HIs breeder used a Purina kibble which I blended with the new raw food for a week to wean him off it. I have eliminated chicken competely then skipped the 1/2 turkey neck for a two weeks. Stopped some whole milk yogurt I was freezing in a rubber toy/cup because he likes to chew. i was changing the bedding and using free and clear detergent. I am not sure what to try to do next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom