• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Helping all Pets Using Vitality From Negative Ions

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi @everyone-

I am about to go out for a therapeutic sniff walk with Archie, but would like to share one important tip.

It's about the potential of increasing cellular energy, vitality and healing using negative using ions.

It's the same healing effect that occurs whenever pets or people are in nature, by the ocean or waterfall and in the mountains.

This negative ion theory is hundreds of years old as summarized in this article:

However, since then the theory was "disproven" by a meta-analysis (a study of studies).

My understanding of the science is that negative ions, chi and prana all activate healing mechanisms in the body.

They do this through an energy, known today as the biofield, that is currently being researched.

Some of you know that I have two degenerative genetic dis-eases which are responding to lifestyle and energetic stimulation.

I therefore feel very fortunate to have just found, and started using, a portable negative ion generator:

I move it around to wherever I and Archie are sitting and working. All last night it was ~10 feet from both of us.ionbox.jpg

Coincidentally(?) I awoke with more clarity and energy, and Arch has better BEAM.

Let's use this forum thread for discussing negative ions. If anyone uses it for their pet, please post below to share if there is any change.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
This article shows another way that negative ion article can also be helpful.

Especially as our days get darker and seasonal affective disorder (SAD) becomes more of a challenge for many of us:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here's more about prana and negative ions:

While I agree with the author of this article that a negative ion machine is not the same as gaining negative ions and vitality from being out in nature, your pets can do both.

Promote as much outdoor sniffing as possible, but also use a tool like an ionbox when inside.

AliceR

Registered
Thanks Dr. Jeff for the information and articles. If I live in the mountains and my house is surrounded by pine, spruce and fir trees, am I getting enough negative ions?

Alice

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome, Alice!

Being in the mountains and trees is a great way to get the health-giving negative ions.

Whether it's enough will depend on the individual.

If there are any EWS (early warning signs) or overt dis-eases then you may want to add an indoor source of negative ions.

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi! Dr Jeff - you mentioned before an air purifier from Sharp. Would you use this Ionbox in addition? If animals sleep in same bed, do you think one Ionbox on the side of the bed will cover all bed occupants? I guess I am wondering how close one needs to be to the Ionbox to have the full effect?

I found the Ionbox on sale at amazon.

Thank you!!

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Whether you get an ionbox and a separate air purifier will depend on her response.

You may not need both to see an effect.

You can probably fill a room with negative ions.

I use my unit in the bedroom pointed to my bed ~8 feet away as well as Archie's crate ~10 feet away.

He doesnt like it closer than 8-12 inches.

When my energy is low (like today after my break-fast lunch) I held it ~6 inches from my nose while I deeply inhaled.

AliceR

Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff,

When I was told by the vet that my cat, Gritzi may possibly have asthma, I purchased a couple room air purifiers from Mercola. My cat does still cough, but occasionally, after wrestling with her cat buddy, Mosey, and only for about 5-6 seconds. I also noticed that the little air purifier also disperses negative ions, so that is a plus here for all of us. Thank you for so much helpful information.

Alice

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome, Alice.

Fantastic news that the air purifier helped Gritzi!

Using a portable negative ion generator 4-6 feet from where she is sleeping may help even more!

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr Jeff, thank you so much for sharing this information! This looks phenomenal!

I have looked at it and before I get one, would negative ions be good for Teddy with his “ epilepsy “? I am noticing that lately he lowers his head and coughs just like he did before. I do have an appt with Dr Judy to discuss but to have something like this in the home during the winter months would be very healing. Teddy seems to have a behavior like an asthma cat but he does not have asthma?

He at times will cough, like he has phlegm in his throat. I think something like this could only help us all out? Can a change in barametric pressure also affect his energy?

tsharlo1

All-Access Member
Registered
I find that I have more energy if I spend more time outside. I always drive with the windows open even in winter. At night I feel I need to have a window open in the bedroom even when I turn the heat down. This makes me think maybe I would benefit from the Ionbox.
Thank you for the information!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for the posts Alice, Debbie, and for the important question, Joann. The answer to how negative ions will affect Teddy depends on his susceptibility and absorption to them.

Theoretically, over time, the negative ion effect can help increase his cellular energy. This is great for all parts of the body, but is especially important for his brain which uses lots of energy.

Yes, the air cleaning and particle reducing of the ionbox can definitely help asthma and other respiratory symptoms.

If you try one out, please let us know how it works for Teddy. If you do order direct from their website, use the code drjeff to get 10% off.

BTW-Patients that do well on Phos, like Teddy, often react to barometric pressure.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks to everyone reading and posting in this thread.

This is the first "official" announcement of the BEAM-ion study.

Many of us are already using the ionbox to help improve our pets (and our own) homeostasis and balance. An imbalance is the one underlying cause for all dis-eases.

Negative ions, such as the 20 million/sec generated by the ionbox, may be related to cellular energy and the ability of pets to maintain wellness and speed up the healing process.

Hypothetically, if indeed there is a relationship between vitality and negative ions, using this inexpensive tool should help many different symptoms.

In the same way as the Assisi Loop and SanaWave do:

The 100 participants in the study will fill out a BEAM questionnaire before, during, and after 6 weeks of overnight use of negative ion therapy.

Then the results will be compiled and written up for the Journal of the AHVMA.

If you are already using an ionbox, or would like to be in the study, I'd appreciate your posting a message in this thread.

JaneS

All-Access Member
Registered
I would like to purchase these ion boxes. I have two kitties in potential risk of kidney disease. I also have a kitty that has flareups from the virus he encountered as a kitten. He has included tear ducks and his eyes tear a lot and his nose runs. I would like to take part in this BEAM study. How do I go about doing this? Also for the kidney patience is this better than the Assissi loop?

JamieK

All-Access Member
Registered
Just purchased 2 units. One for the living room where we all spend the majority of our time and one for the bed room. I will let every one know. How we all feel once we get them. I am hoping this makes Maggie feel better. She just got diagnosed with Lymphoma.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Jane-

Fantastic that you'll be trying negative ion therapy for your kitties and including them in the study!

Here's the 3 easy steps:

1. Take 3 minutes to fill out a simple online questionnaire.

2. Keep an ionbox within 3 feet of your pet for at least 8 hours a day if possible (the more the better). This can include near where they sleep overnight, but if it is not feasible then just keep it as close as possible.

2a. Keep a journal of how close and for how long you use the unit.

3. Complete the short questionnaire 4 and 8 weeks into the study.

This benign, easy, and hopefully effective therapy is perfect for your kitty with chronic respiratory symptoms.

Theoretically, it should help many animals. I have two and always keep them within a few feet and also periodically hold it up to my nose.

For your kitties, just put the boxes close to where they hang out.

However, negative ion therapy is a hypothetical way to raise vitality and cellular energy.

One way that is not theoretical is based on the food that you feed.

Fresh and varied food is key to raising vitality to help keep your kitties with possible early kidney dis-ease healthy and happy.

The ionbox would work together with the Assisi Loop (or one of their great lounges or pads) to help boost vitality and balance.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Jamie-

I'm so sorry to hear about Maggie. ?

In what way does she seem to not feel well?

Did Dr. Kris or an oncologist already test her to find whether she has T or B cell lymphoma? Hopefully she has the indolent (slow growing) type.

Since she already doesn't feel well, you may want to keep one of the units right near her.

If you can keep notes of about how close it is to her, and for how long, that would be great.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom