• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Hello! I am finally taking the time to enjoy what you have to offer!!!

KaraJ

Community Member
Registered
The more I see, the more I love this site that you have. Thank you for making it available.
I joined recently because I have elder dogs, 13 and 10, who have serious issues. We have moved away from traditional dog food/kibble and trying to feed our dogs the best without bogging them down in medication. Unfortunately, we have been told that our eldest baby is in kidney failure by our vet who wants to put him on their medicated food. I researched the food and found several questionable items that I don't want to go to as they are currently both on freeze dried raw with fresh vegetables/fruits. He is now on natural kidney supplements.
My little girl was diagnosed several years ago with a grade 4 heart murmur. I haven't really been able to find solid information in my research for natural alternatives to get her off the medication she's currently being prescribed. (That I want to get her off of.) She also has very itchy skin that I'm finding several ideas to run with. Her issue has now been compounded with the fact that my husband and I no longer want to fill them with more shots/vaccines and their current vet won't see them without them. Both of our shelties are from a Florida rescue.
Our other family members now include a beautiful cat, who was not taken care of and my mom tried to ensure she had food and a place to stay when needed until she (mom) passed. And we have four cool chickens that we are learning about as we go. They are characters and we hope to keep them healthy and dis-ease free.

IMG_9196.JPG

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome to HA! Kara. Thanks for the kind words and for making your first post.

I'm sorry to hear that your pup's have nasty-sounding diagnoses. :confused:

Fortunately, they don't know about their conditions!

It sounds like you are on the right track with upgrading their health care to focus on BEAM and quality of llife.

A great place to start is with the Pet Health 101 course whih is in your member area.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here, during a webinar or schedule a Holistic Medical Decision Making guidance call.

These articles might be useful for monitoring their health:

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
In addition to Dr. Jeff's great suggestions, you may want to start keeping a health journal for each one. This will help you realize which suggestions from the 101 course or webinars are helping each individual.

And begin quickly to build your holistic health care team - read this article to help you select a vet.

If you have not yet learned any direct energy healing methods for people or animals, that could be very useful with your houseful! Reiki, Eden Energy Medicine, Tong Ren, Tui Na and many others have been covered in our webinars.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Kara! Feel free to ask any questions

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom