• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Genetics and Individuality

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi everyone-

This post is more about proactive prevention more than a specific medical challenge but is still potentially very helpful.

The very best way to prevent dis-ease in your pets is to build their Vitality and Balance.

You can do that better than any doctor because you know your pets best.

This is the individuality which explains the difference in symptoms and dis-ease resistance among different dogs or cats.

Individuality begins with the genes.

On Monday, veterinary geneticist Dr. Kate Robinson from Embark will be presenting an information-packed webinar about specifically how you can help your pets by knowing more about their genetics and individuality.

She sent the following blog articles that beautifully show this via case stories:

Genetic Health With the Doberman Diversity Project - Embarkvet

How Embark's Dog DNA Test Shaped the Care of 2 Pups - Embarkvet

Dr. Kate will explain the genetic context of symptoms on Monday's EH! at 8pm ET.

This webinar is open to the public, so will be in a different room than usual.

Register here in order to attend:

lizkunz

VIP Member
Registered
I am very much looking forward to this. I was going to do the Cell Bio but I procrastinate too much. Might this be better? I'm anxious to learn. Anyhow it seems that some insurance pays for that test and maybe this. But then I'm thinking if whatever is found would be considered a pre existing condition and therefore not potentially covered. I might be thinking too much.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Liz!

Thanks for your great questions.

The CellBio and Embark DNA tests will give you different pieces of data about your pups.

They can both be done at home.

Cell Bio (isosprostane) is a test using saliva measuring an internal biomarker symptom that reflects balance.

Embark is a DNA test for breed and genetic dis-eases.

Since you already know their breed, the main purpose for the DNA test would be to find genetic markers that may predict future dis-ease development to allow better proactive prevention.

It won't tell you about oxidative stress and balance like CellBio.

In your case, consider doing the Embark test first.

Then do a CellBio whenever you next due baseline blood or urine tests.

Also, would you share any recent cute pics of the pups?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom