• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Practical and Positive Veterinary Spirituality

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi @everyone-

Happy spring!!

It would be great to hear everyone's thoughts in this thread about the way we currently approach our wellness care for our beloved pets.

After almost 38 years of science-based vet practice, my opinion is that there may be safe ways to improve the health span (as measured by BEAM + years of life).

This feeling is based on the current literature and many research reviews combined with observation of the results reported verbally by y'all and in hundreds of success stories on this forum.

The transformation of dis-ease-based psychiatry and psychology dealing with anxiety and depression to the "New Positive Psychology" of growth and transcendence is a good example: (Authentic Happiness and Feingold books)

Let's start this thread by defining what is meant by Practical and Positive Veterinary Spirituality (PPVS).

Practical actions that can help keep pets well and can help them when they are sick. The things we can do easily and every day also stimulate smooth "flow" of information and energy in pets (and people).

Positive because the actions are based on happiness, unconditional love, and actions that promote "Flow" in animals and people. As exemplified by the smoothly flowing river (just "Go With The Flow") and the "yes, and..." of improv. comedy.

Veterinary (relating to all, other than human, animals)

Spirituality in this context refers to a transformation from human "doings" to human "beings". In other words, we often feel compelled to do something (like suppress symptoms) rather than embrace the symptoms as the friends, and clues to the underlying internal imbalance, that they are.

When we are in the state of being we are at peace with the present moment. "Be Here Now" and the "Power of Now" are great spiritual examples of this state of being:

The more that we can embrace the spiritual essence of life, the better we are able to help our pets transcend and reduce things (like some symptoms) which limit their happiness, cellular joy and quality of life.

We can do this when we transform back into human beings (vs. human "doings") by not having to intervene whenever there are symptoms which may seem scary and worrisome.

When we can "be" comfortable just listening, observing, recording and reporting them (to their vet and other members of their health care team) we can optimize our pets natural healing abilities and health span.

There's lots more that we all have to share with each other about the unconditional love which we share with our pets and which can help each of us feel the cellular joy that we can also share.

Cellular joy can help get both pets and people into the flow state of optimal health, happiness doing and being in the world.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
thanks for starting this, Dr. Jeff. I am looking forward to what our members have to share.

Bottom line for me - stay in the moment, share joy and happiness every moment, even when expressing worry or sadness or frustration.

definitely there are millions more people thinking this way as the internet is full of good, grounded ways to be one with the planet and the universe, like we will see and hear more of from Grandma Nancy in her 3rd Sunday presentation.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes! Thanks for sharing Dr. Christina. I also look forward to hearing what members have to say.

Moments after I started this thread, a giant "guard dog" (a Boerbel) who was in a state of cellular joy came into the office and boy could I feel a big shift in my own energy and happiness when he left.

His wonderful guardian sent me a hilarious video of the dog walking on bushes and having an incredible amount of fun (which I'll share after I can get a link to it).

A few hours later I received this amazing Ted Talk about positivity, happiness, compassion, love and energy. A few notable quotes from the video:

"There is no 1 right answer"

"Is there juice in your camera?"

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Here's the video of the happy pup that I mentioned in the first post.

Malachi (the pup) and his guardian were here for an hour this morning and he never stopped smiling, wiggling (and knocking over stuff).

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
More cellular joy and an incredibly creative and fun activity ("Hallway Agility"):

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom