• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Female Feline with Recurring Congestion

AthinaA

Registered
  • Hi, I am new here and would like to get some assistance for my female cat Suki, who is a 12.5 year old Arabian Mau and weighs 11.7 lbs. She has been experiencing chronic breathing issues that come and go and worsen with environmental exposure to dusty weather for example. This does not seem to affect her energy and appetite. She also has skin sensitivities around her mouth and sheds a lot of hair. Her lungs sound clear upon examination, so this seems to be more of a head congestion issue. She is very picky with food and is on a grain free preservative free wet food of sardines and mackerel and sometimes tuna (www.thrivepetfoods.com). Can you please let me know what you would recommend for her diet as well as any supplements or anything else you think would give her relief? She was put on antibiotics before by our vet, which seemed to improve her breathing for a while, but it eventually becomes congested again. (I am attaching a video of her congested breathing). I would really appreciate your feedback. @Dr. Jeff

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Athina-

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear about Suki's breathing symptom. :(

This does not seem to affect her energy and appetite.
Is her BEAM score 9-10/10 or higher? If it is, she would be acting fine except the breathing stuff. Is she? I ask because BEAM can help you prioritize a symptom (if she has a high BEAM then specific symptoms become lower priority, whereas a low BEAM + the same symptom means go your vet).

She is very picky with food
Ah, another symptom clue! Pickiness will resolve as her inner balance (and symptoms) improve.

Can you please let me know what you would recommend for her diet as well as any supplements or anything else you think would give her relief?

Perhaps feed less fish (cat expert @Dr. Jean might even say none) and any fresh food (especially raw meat), freeze dried chicken/turkey/duck hearts, etc. may give her body enough ability to heal on its' own, that you don't need to add many supplements.

Also, the 101 intro. course has lots of other suggestions about food as well as about the vitality-building approach.

AthinaA

Registered
Hi Athina-

Thanks for your message. I'm sorry to hear about Suki's breathing symptom. :(

Is her BEAM score 9-10/10 or higher? If it is, she would be acting fine except the breathing stuff. Is she? I ask because BEAM can help you prioritize a symptom (if she has a high BEAM then specific symptoms become lower priority, whereas a low BEAM + the same symptom means go your vet).

Ah, another symptom clue! Pickiness will resolve as her inner balance (and symptoms) improve.

Perhaps feed less fish (cat expert @Dr. Jean might even say none) and any fresh food (especially raw meat), freeze dried chicken/turkey/duck hearts, etc. may give her body enough ability to heal on its' own, that you don't need to add many supplements.

Also, the 101 intro. course has lots of other suggestions about food as well as about the vitality-building approach.
Thank you very much @Dr. Jeff , really appreciate your reply, will look into the resources you mentioned.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom