• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Ear mites

denize

All-Access Member
Registered
What are some natural solutions for ear mites?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hiya Denize.

Clean the ears gently with green tea, then use a few drops of sweet almond oil massaged into the ears once or twice a day as this will smother the mites.

However this doesn't kill eggs so continue treating for 3 weeks.

Click here for some basic info from one of my awesome dermatology vet school professors.

Dr. Jeff

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Has anyone tried Kleen Green by Natural Genesis, a sponge bath in a 1:7 dilution.?

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Also I heard olive oil with vit E mixed in is good too?

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Denise, this product is made with a base of MCT oil. Per the product” Base:
MCT (Medium Chain Triglyceride) Oil: MCT oil has the ability on its own, to effectively clean and support the daily health of the ears. It gently loosens wax and debris. MCT oil is made up of medium chain fatty acids, similar to the wax normally created inside the ear. It also enhances the ears' natural immunity to harmful bacteria, viruses and yeast.
So I wonder if the MCT oil used for humans would work? Not sure.

The sweet almond oil Dr Jeff recommends is that an essential oil or where do you get that? And the green tea any brand? And brew and use that to clean the ears?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Klein Green looks like an interesting enzyme product JoAnn Kleen Green - Natural Ginesis

Please let us know if you try it.

Sweet almond oil is not an essential oil and is available in most health food stores.

Yes, and brand of green tea will work for wiping out the ear discharge.

Brew up a strong cup, let it cool, then use that for ear cleaning.

Yes, Denize this also looks like a potentially useful product.

JoAnn, MCT's used for people will work the same for pets as the constituents are the same.

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Klein Green looks like an interesting enzyme product JoAnn Kleen Green - Natural Ginesis

Please let us know if you try it.

Sweet almond oil is not an essential oil and is available in most health food stores.

Yes, and brand of green tea will work for wiping out the ear discharge.

Brew up a strong cup, let it cool, then use that for ear cleaning.

Yes, Denize this also looks like a potentially useful product.

JoAnn, MCT's used for people will work the same for pets as the constituents are the same.
Thank you Dr Jeff! I will mention MCT to Teddy’s homeopathic Dr. There ears are clean but there is skin dandruff on Teddy, so not sure what will happen if I saturate him with Kleen Green. May wait for spring when weather is better because this product has to dry. I like th sweet almond oil with green tea. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome JoAnn.

See 'ya tonight!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom