• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog not eating/Dosed Silica twice today

Gina M.

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi All-

First time posting- Fudge has two imbalances that seem to shift often.He has upsets stomach or back/leg issues.

Yesterday he was very quiet, ate all his meals and didnt want to poop - He only pooped in the morning ( he usually goes 3-4 times a day). I noticed when I was rubbing him, he was shedding a little. He hasn't been that excited to eat lately. I usually have to crush a little of his food and wet it. He will then eat the rest of it dry.

This morning he woke up shaking - I took him out and he pooped twice ( a little blood in his formed stool) I looked through it and only saw a little bit of my hair. He refused to eat his breakfast. I did the Assisi loop and dosed him Silica Q2 10/1 at 6:25 am.

At lunch time he did not want to eat again, I tried to give him his kibbble dry/wet and also tried to see if he wanted some banana. He turned his nose away and ran into the living room. he also didn't want to be outside much. I dosed him again Silica Q2 10/1 12:35pm and left him to sleep.

Dinner time - I tried to give him his regular food and he didn’t want it . I tried to give him some canned version of his food and he licked a licked but walked away.

He has been downward dog stretches since and I did another Assisi loop treatment on him.

Do you think I should dose again this evening and success 20/1 Silica or let him rest and not worry about food this evening. I never had him not eat all day so i am a little worried.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
It is OK to miss a day or even a few, so I would wait on this Silica tonight. If you did already give that is fine, too.

Was the Silica prescribed by Dr. Jeff? Definitely need your homeopath's input on this.

Rather than dog food, have you tried real food? Cheese, cottage cheese, bread, meat, liver, eggs...anything you know he loves?

If you have rescue remedy or other flower essences, they may help. Offer some Reiki - Kathleen Prasad's EH talks about setting the intention for healing and just sitting together if you have not yet been trained in Reiki.

Keep us posted.

Dr. Christina

Gina M.

All-Access Member
Registered
Fudge has IBD - so I am always concerned when he doesn't eat or drink water (which he hasn't done at all today)

Dr Jeff prescribed the Silica. I did what he told me to do last time which was dose him 10/1 and if no change dose again. Last two times that worked and Fudge missed breakfast and lunch but ate his dinner and snack w/probiotic (prescribed by Dr. Jeff)

Fudge is very sensitive - we have tried multiple attempts to feed fresh food slowly. So I am always hesitate to to introduce anything new to him.

He loved Bananas but he has turned his nose away every time his stomach is upset.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Gina. Thanks for posting this wonderful real-life scenario tho I'm sorry to hear about Fudge's problematic symptoms. :(

His Gi and leg symptoms are two separate syndromes as you said. However, they are both the result of just one underlying energetic imbalance.

Two unique sets of symptoms, but one imbalance.

I love the fasting advice from Dr. Christina! By all means, don't even offer food until he persistently asks for it.

If he's cramping and uncomfortably stretching and doing downward dogs, using the Assisi Loop around his abdomen every 2 hours should help.

Hold off on dosing and let his body re-equilibrate tonight.

Please update us here tomorrow.

Gina M.

All-Access Member
Registered
Update on Fudge: He ate his snack (june 24th) that evening and continued to improve .
I did stop his back supplement Vetriscience Vetri-Disc for a little bit. ( I know this can cause upset stomach for pets with sensitive stomaches) .

I started his supplement back up on Sunday June 5th - everything seemed to be okay except for today. He had a little blood in his stool today at lunch and his stomach is making a lot of noise. I think I am going to discontinue the supplement for now.

He seems very sluggish today and he is curled up in a ball.

Do you think I should dose him the Silca again to give him a little boost and get him back on track again?

Side note: I started the back supplement back up because he had a leg spasm on Saturday evening. -been giving him Assisi loop treatments at least once a day - focusing on his legs and back.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Gina-

Perhaps see if symptoms persist beyond 12-24 after you stop the Vetri-Disc.

Is he eating?

Also, try using the Assisi Loop around his belly and his legs and back.

You can't overdo the frequency of using it.

Gina M.

All-Access Member
Registered
He pooped yesterday evening and it was normal, he has pooped 3 times today, normal. His Beam is great today.

I did give him Vetri Disc yesterday at lunch time before the bloody poop, but I skipped it today. I also did the loop once yesterday.

If he seems okay should I try incorporating the Vetri Disc again or hold off?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Gina, you may want to wait until the weekend so he can re-balance, before trying a 1/2 dose of the Vetri Disc.

Gina M.

All-Access Member
Registered
I haven't given Fudge the Vetri disc in two weeks and he was doing really well.Dr Jeff and I have been trying to start Fudge on fresh foods but always had no luck. Since he was doing well the last two weeks, I gave him three bite size piece of watermelon on Wednesday 7/22 at 6pm. He was fine the entire evening.

Thursday 7/23 -He woke up at 4am whining, i took him out to use the bathroom (pee and poop) and then went on the couch with him and his sister. He had a hard time settling, did not want to lie down. i did the Assisi loop on his stomach and he fell back to sleep till 6am. 6am I woke him up (normal schedule) to eat breakfast, he did not want to get up, took him outside and he pooped (it looked a little weird) When we were headed back inside he threw up twice (yellow bile and some undigested pieces of kibble). He was looking for his breakfast when we went back inside and I gave him a small portion. Noon time he used the bathroom and was acting a little sluggish so I did another Assisi loop on him. Dinner time 6pm he seemed like he was feeling better. I did another Assisi loop on him at 8pm.

Friday 7/24- He seemed better, feed him breakfast, lunch, dinner okay. He was playing with his sister. Around 7pm he was very restless - when he laid down, he was right back up. I tried to do the Assisi loop on him 4 times and he would not sit still and was running away from it. I fed him his snack around 8:15pm, did another Assisi loop session on him at 10pm (which was a struggle).

Saturday 7/25- He woke up at 3am - (peed), went on the couch and he had a hard time settling again. He has been licking his lips a lot, i took him out around 5am and he pooped (normal), and then we were up for breakfast at 6am and he pooped again (softer but formed). He ate his breakfast, played a little with this sister. He has been been whining a lot today, we have been outside and usually he will sit for hours in one spot, he keeps switching positions and wanting to go inside . I noticed he isn't putting his full weight on one of his legs. He battles with leg/back imbalance and stomach imbalance. I struggled again to do the Assisi loop at 12:30pm.

Do you think he should be dosed the Silicia or Ruta ? or continue with the Assisi loop?

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Gina-

I'm sorry to hear about Fudge's continued GI challenges. :(

When was his last dose of Silica, how many succussions did you use, and did you observe a change after giving it?

BTW-his continued over-sensitivity to any change in his diet may show that he needs a different homeopathic remedy. Let's further individualize (~30 minutes on the phone) whenever you can schedule a recheck.

Gina M.

All-Access Member
Registered
Last dose was 6/24/20 Silicia Q2 10/1 6:25am and 12:25pm, I dosed him because his b.e.a.m. changed and he wasn't eating (didn't eat breakfast, lunch or dinner) but he ended up eating his snack later on.

I scheduled a 30 minute appointment last night for 8/5 :)

Gina M.

All-Access Member
Registered
Dosed Fudge Silica Q2 10/1 at 10:30 pm - He was very scared - playing and drinking water, not putting full weight on his right foot . He is now resting :fingers crossed:

8B486865-6BA8-482F-B0A6-688A08F25328.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Please let us know how he does Gina.

Gina M.

All-Access Member
Registered
I heard him tossing and turning in his crate during the night. While I was making breakfast I noticed his right rear paw was flipped and he was not putting much weight on it. I am starting to worry that he is losing sensation in his right rear leg ?. He ate breakfast and he is now resting on the couch. I will try and do the loop on his back and leg in a few hours.

Gina M.

All-Access Member
Registered
I took Fudge to my parents house to see the family and he was not putting any weight on the right leg and skipping. I did the Assisi loop twice on him today. I dosed him at 7pm Ruta 200c 10/1 because I did not see any improvement today since doing the loop. He is putting less weight today then he was yesterday.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Gina.

How was his BEAM right after the Sil dose last night but before bed?

You said that he seemed more restful, so if that was the case until bedtime, and if he is not better tomorrow, then a Sil Q2 15/1 dose might be helpful.

Gina M.

All-Access Member
Registered
Right after I gave him the Si dose on Friday evening he wanted to be on the couch with us and he fell right to sleep. Before that he was having a hard time getting comfortable and acting scared to drink water and on high alert.

Yesterday he was in a great mood because I took him on an adventure to my parents house, he was okay there besides limping on the right foot. My family observed the limping, skipping and slower walk.He was tired in the afternoon.

He has not been playing with Sundae since he started to limp, he will lay on the floor or his bed and chew on the Kong.

His appetite has been great. He’s been fighting me with doing the Assisi loop. Both Greg and I noticed the two nights that I was in the kitchen area making up the remedies - Fudge walked into the kitchen to watch me prepare it and he didn’t give me any issues giving it to him. (All the other times he would stay in the living room and when I had to give him the remedy he would go to the corner of the couch and not be as willing to take the remedy.)

Last night after giving him the Ruta he was playing with the Kong and he finally fell asleep an hour later after his snack. He slept in his crate all night (I heard him a few times tossing and turning).

This morning still limping but didn’t seem as bad as the end of the day yesterday. So slight improvement after giving him the Ruta in the evening.

I also observed in the past that when he had the leg/back issues he was showing signs of pain (shaking and ears back). He has not done that this time, he is not bearing weight or putting the paw completely down, which is causing him to slip a little on the wood floor.

Do you think if I don’t see any more improvement to give him the suggested Sil Q2 15/1 or up the Ruta 200c 15/1?

I will do a Assisi treatment at lunch and later in the evening. I also scheduled a Sanawave treatment on Tuesday.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Since his BEAM was better after the Silica dose, perhaps stick with that tonight if you don't see further improvement today.

Gina M.

All-Access Member
Registered
Fudge had his Sanawave treatment yesterday and I set up a few more upcoming treatments. He is in good spirits. Playing with his kong, resting a lot, yet he still is not putting weight on that back leg (improved a little with the Sanawave) I touch the leg and move it around and he isn’t showing any signs of pain. Do you think it’s worth a trip to the vet to get an x ray? Or shall we continue treating it very conservative like the last time?

08DF2007-11EB-4A30-AF51-E54A5FFE6115.jpeg

04F8901C-8C3C-4561-B5CD-029ED2F27C68.jpeg

F8BAF755-AFA7-4488-8ADC-FCB5BF7315C9.jpeg

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Gina-

I'm sorry for the slow forum reply and thanks for updating us.

Yes, it is definitely worth a vet visit for more info. :thumbsup:

This sure sounds and looks like a partial ACL rupture in his right knee.?

Keep up the daily Assisi Loops and periodic SanaWave.

How's he been doing??

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom