• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog bit by tick, now having to wake up at night to go bathroom

LaurenR

All-Access Member
Registered
Ralphie has been very healthy, except for a serious anxiety around people, particularly men. I believe that he was abused. I got him at 13 weeks and he had scars on his chest and was missing a right claw. He is now 5 years old. Ralphie had a tough immune system at first, with ear mites and eye mites. His stomach was difficult and if he did not eat every six hours, he would vomit bile.

I have him on the Honest Kitchen diet and he does really well. However, he was bitten by a tick in the ear 3-4 weeks ago and I have been monitoring him ever since. I’ve noticed that he is sleeping a little more than usual, with strong dreams. He is also waking up in the middle of the night (2 or 3 am) and crying to go out to go to the bathroom. This is very unlike him as he used to wait the entire night. Now he rushes to the door to pee. I get the sense there might be something going on with his kidneys.

As a lyme survivor myself, I do not want to give him antibiotics, but I also understand the severity of lyme going untreated. Really hoping for some help here as my conventional vet really said there was nothing they could do.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Luckie Ralphie to have you not merely relying on antibiotics.

Having had Lyme yourself, you know that each person (and true for animals, too) responds to different treatments.

At this point, with his history of a few other problems, his balance is clearly off. The best approaches to deeply cure the current symptoms possibly triggered by the Borrelia are to work with a veterinary homeopath or a really well trained Chinese Medicine veterinarian. I would suggest scheduling an appointment as soon as possible. As a member, you can become a client of Dr. Jeff, or there are many others equally trained.

You may want to use your member benefit of a free 15 minute call with myself or Dr. Jeff to decide which approach resonates more with you.

In addition, you can offer Reiki (3/16/2020 Kathleen Prasad spoke on how to focus your energy even before taking a class), Eden Energy medicine (Dr. Farthing spoke on 7/6/2020), or other energy healing modalities you may have learned in your search when healing yourself of Lyme.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome Lauren and thanks so much for making your first post!?

As a fellow Lyme survivor and thriver, I totally get your concern about Ralphie.

I agree 100% with Dr. Christina's assessment about Ralphie already having symptoms of internal imbalance.

The tick bite may have acted as a trigger that has helped his body give you clues for how to help.

One of these clues is called a modality. It means that some environmental factor is modifying his symptoms. In this case his modality is one of time (2-3am).

The first thing to do is to increase the cellular energy that will allow his body to rebalance on its' own. You can do this with fresh food like chicken, raw beef, veggies, fruits like the kale-blueberry smoothie, etc.

In addition, promote puppy pranayama and breathing by giving him as many sniff walks as possible, using a snuffle mat for at least 30 minutes/day, massaging in magnesium oil, etc.

All the resources for that talk further about these can be found on the forum and on the main site. I'm heading in to yoga class now, but will circle back later to check on your reply.

In the meantime I wonder if you have had a first urine sample tested to check on internal symptoms like urine concentration, white and red cells, etc.

Also, this article about my own Lyme may help put it into context more:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome, Lauren.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom