• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Detox pathways for true detox & variables with itching - the saga of so many dogs

ZannahM

Registered
My dog Django never has itching issues til the Fall. He's now itching again despite food switch, probiotics/enzymes & no fleas though I found a few bug bites of some kind.
I’m awaiting Django’s 5Strands test results for food & enviro sensitivities with great anticipation. Anyone else do that test?
My dog doesn’t have a flea infestation though he gets the occasional flea and we both use Wondercide spray (natural except has sodium lauryl sulfate – the culprit perhaps?) to prevent and manage any, but he has become itchy on and off since starting acupuncture in September around which time we also tried some different Honest Kitchen foods due to supply chain issues etc. I gave him Four Leaf Rover’s leaky gut protocol in case he had that – itching resolved.
Switched to their soil-based probiotics and no problem til last week when itching resumed – never in his life before September!
I switched to 100% freeze-dried raw rather than combo freeze-dried raw & dehydrated food (plus occasional raw egg or sardines). But itching persists.
I can’t wait to see what the test results are so I can hopefully eliminate x or y from his food or environment and resolve the problem. I know detox can be uncomfortable while important, and acupuncture plus liver tonics can help him detox, but I;m trying to determine if either is the culprit (as in his detox pathways aren't open for detox to truly happen) vs insect bites or a specific food/shampoo ingredient Poor guy. May he heal.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Zannah. I'm sorry to hear about Django's itchiness.

It sounds like you're doing a great job with tracking down his allergic triggers (which are not the cause).

Have you checked out the great essential oil blends from Dr. Shelton and animaleo.com?

Itching, skin and ear problems are also often signs of his body trying to detox internally.

Perhaps try the same sniffing strategies that were mentioned in your forum thread about leg trembling.

Pranayama and happiness both improve his cellular energy and ability to heal and can decrease his immune imbalance (which results in the itch).

ZannahM

Registered
Hi Zannah. I'm sorry to hear about Django's itchiness.

It sounds like you're doing a great job with tracking down his allergic triggers (which are not the cause).

Have you checked out the great essential oil blends from Dr. Shelton and animaleo.com?

Itching, skin and ear problems are also often signs of his body trying to detox internally.

Perhaps try the same sniffing strategies that were mentioned in your forum thread about leg trembling.

Pranayama and happiness both improve his cellular energy and ability to heal and can decrease his immune imbalance (which results in the itch).
Thanks for the note, Dr. Jeff. I'll check out the oils mentioned. Sniff walks are everyday occurrence with us, so we've got that covered - 2 hours of sniff walks at least. :) I'm still waiting for the 5 Strands test results. I agree he may be detoxing, which is great if it's working, but I'm being proactive in case his body isn't along taking care of whatever this issue is.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom