• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Environmental Allergy in Cat Itchy paws and belly and armpit

HeidyH

Registered
  1. Your pet's name Adam
  2. Approximate age 10
  3. Sex M
  4. Neutering status Neutered
  5. Breed Exotic shorthair
  6. Approximate weight 8lbs
  7. What's their BEAM (behavior, energy, appetite, mood) Okay
  8. Diet medium rare turkey, duck and also freeze dried with no water, sometimes goat milk and raw egg york, sardines in water, plain tuna, Jarrows 5 billion pre/probiotics, Standard Process Antronex, Super Cleanse by Glacierpeakholistics, Alnutrin food supplement
  9. Vaccination history / exposure to toxins, other medication 5mg Prednisolone 3 times a week
  10. Primary problem, when it began and if there was anything else happening around that time -----Adam was diagnosed with environmental allergy by skin prick test in 2018. Immunotherapy (injection & sublingual) only made him more miserable. His paws were constantly having fungal or yeast infections. I stopped all that in 2020. Since he was diagnosed with IBD in 2020, prednisolone helped his allergy. Now I am working with a holistic vet to take him off prednisolone. But the allergy needs to be addressed separately. Now, I am using KittyBoost Lite and Rescue Remedy diluted spray to help his itchy. He still licks his paws and belly and armpits. I also have Jackson's Stress Stopper (which I think works similar to Bach's Rescue Remedy?) I just started Antronex which I don't know yet. I tried to find some info on itchy paws, and watched Dr. Ron's video on using TCVM and Acupuncture method. His paws are clean but sometimes there are black spots which I clean with Duoxo mousse.
  11. Is the condition better or worse from exercise, heat, cold, time of day, certain foods, emotional upset, being touched, excitement, etc? not really
  12. Has any diagnostic work been done? Diagnosis if available (you can attach your diagnostic tests to the post if you have them) He has allergic reactions to a few bushes, trees, some insects, but in general, the allergy is the worst in August.
  13. Other health concerns IBD
Is there any other resources I can try? Thank you.
@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Heidy!

I'm sorry to hear about Adam's allergies and IBD.
Is there any other resources I can try?
Yes!

It might be helpful to start by learning more about vitality, balance and the direct connection between the IBD and the allergy symptoms.

The HA! 101 course is a great place to start.

And then perhaps the wonderful webinar about allergies by vet dermatologist Dr. Chalmers.

In summary, she teaches that optimizing Adam's inner balance and "terrain" is the best way to reduce, and even eliminate, allergies:

If we haven't already spoken about your next steps, it might be helpful fo you to schedule an HMDM coaching call with me or @Dr. Christina in the next few weeks.

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Just a random thought... has he been tested for skin mites? Those locations are classic for sarcoptic mange, though they're generally sites for any kind of allergy too. Allergy tests in cats are notoriously inaccurate, so it's a good idea to actually go overboard in diagnostics.

HeidyH

Registered
@Dr. Jean Hofve Hello Dr. Hofve,
Thank you for your question. Adam has been tested for 84 allergens and has 2 out of 4 reaction to only one of the three kinds of Dust Mites. Things that are at 3 or above are Salt Cedar, Orange, Burweed, Flea, Johnson Grass, Rat, Iodine bush. May I know the difference between Bach's flower essence and Jackson's Stress stopper? Since Adam is on Prednisolone, do I understand correctly that Stress stopper can help him? If so, how? do I follow the instruction on the website to give to him? Because of his IBD, I am a bit reluctant to give him anything orally. Thank you. :cat2:

HeidyH

Registered
Hi Heidy!

I'm sorry to hear about Adam's allergies and IBD.

Yes!

It might be helpful to start by learning more about vitality, balance and the direct connection between the IBD and the allergy symptoms.

The HA! 101 course is a great place to start.

And then perhaps the wonderful webinar about allergies by vet dermatologist Dr. Chalmers.

In summary, she teaches that optimizing Adam's inner balance and "terrain" is the best way to reduce, and even eliminate, allergies:

If we haven't already spoken about your next steps, it might be helpful fo you to schedule an HMDM coaching call with me or @Dr. Christina in the next few weeks.
@Dr. Jeff Hello Dr. Jeff, Thank you for your reply, as always. May I know the context of the call and how can the call help me and Adam?

Thank you in advance.:cat2:

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Bach flower remedies include 38 individual essences. Stress Stopper is one formula that contains Bach and other essences. We call it "Rescue Remedy on steroids" because we feel it is much more powerful. However that isn't necessarily the one I'd recommend for Adam. Perhaps Skin Soother would be more helpful. You do not have to give the essences by mouth at all, and they do not interfere with any other treatment.

HeidyH

Registered
@Dr. Jean Hofve Thank you Dr. Hofve. I must have misunderstood the use of Stress Stopper as a steriod. I thought I could replace his prednisolone with Stress Stopper.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom