• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Carina's UTI

KirsiB

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Christina,
Thanks so much for your call on Monday regarding Carina's possible UTI. The recommendations were so helpful. I quadrupled her amla/rosehip extract vit C and started giving her cranberry juice 3xday. By Thursday she had no symptoms and continues to be fine. The vet called this evening and shared her urinalysis results and bloodwork. Bloodwork was ok. She had a slightly elevated white cell count and some crystals. E. Coli also showed up in the results. I told the vet Carina no longer has symptoms and seems fine but she wants to put her on another round of antibiotics that targets the E. Coli. She said the levels were high enough she'd want Carina to be on them even though she no longer has symptoms. She said the antibiotics she had originally given will not help E. Coli. Like we discussed I never gave Carina that first round of antibiotics. Should I put her on this new set of antibiotics because of the E. Coli?
Thanks,
Kirsi

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome to HA! and thanks for making your first post, Kirsi!

Was Carina's urine sample a "free catch" (that you or the vet collected), or was it withdrawn from the bladder by needle?

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I am glad she is better.
Have you reached out yet to Dr. Rosemary Manziano?
It is important for you to be working now with a holistic, or homeopathic veterinarian because of the multiple issues she has been having, even when they are resolved (IBD, Bladder, anxiety).

You are more challenged when asking us for advice, then having a conventional veterinarian giving you conflicting advice. At this point I would not give an antibiotic, would continue the treatment or begin with the Bladder Herbs that you said were coming Friday and call either Dr. Manziano or schedule an intake with Dr. Jeff at his site, Homevet.com.

Great work so far with Carina!
Dr. Christina

KirsiB

VIP Member
Registered
Welcome to HA! and thanks for making your first post, Kirsi!

Was Carina's urine sample a "free catch" (that you or the vet collected), or was it withdrawn from the bladder by needle?
It was by needle

KirsiB

VIP Member
Registered
I am glad she is better.
Have you reached out yet to Dr. Rosemary Manziano?
It is important for you to be working now with a holistic, or homeopathic veterinarian because of the multiple issues she has been having, even when they are resolved (IBD, Bladder, anxiety).

You are more challenged when asking us for advice, then having a conventional veterinarian giving you conflicting advice. At this point I would not give an antibiotic, would continue the treatment or begin with the Bladder Herbs that you said were coming Friday and call either Dr. Manziano or schedule an intake with Dr. Jeff at his site, Homevet.com.

Great work so far with Carina!
Dr. Christina
Thanks! I reached out to Dr. Manziano and am waiting to hear back. I started giving her the bladder herbs yesterday when it finally came yesterday. Thanks for all your help!!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom