• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email [email protected].

Best diet for cat with kidney issues

@Dr. Jeff Following back up on this thread since I answered your question before I started giving the kitties the PhosFix. I am not sure how much to give each kitty, si am giving them each about 35% from one capsule. Also, does this need to be paired with anything else like a vitamin? Aventi Kidney I just gave them that product. Not sure about PhosFix. Thank you!
 
@Dr. Jeff Following back up on this thread since I answered your question before I started giving the kitties the PhosFix. I am not sure how much to give each kitty, so am giving them each about 35% from one capsule. Also, does this need to be paired with anything else like a vitamin? Aventi Kidney I just gave them that product. Not sure about PhosFix. Thank you!
 
giving them each about 35% from one capsule. Also, does this need to be paired with anything else like a vitamin?
35-50% is perfect as long as their Phos. levels stay where they are.

No. It is strictly for Phos binding.

Do you give any other vitamins (in addition to vitamin V) or probiotics?


and AB Felix's Flora or Azodyl could also be helpful.

 
35-50% is perfect as long as their Phos. levels stay where they are.

No. It is strictly for Phos binding.

Do you give any other vitamins (in addition to vitamin V) or probiotics?


and AB Felix's Flora or Azodyl could also be helpful.

@Dr. Jeff thank you for getting back to me! My life is so busy lately like we all are. I was nervous about just giving the PhosFix alone so I stopped the last few days, but they really do need kidney support of some kind. Bella's Phosphorus in August 2026 was 3.8. The dr was very happy, and she had been on Aventi Kidney until I ran out last month, hence shifting to your recommended PhosFix. Currently I am giving them Nordic Naturals Omega 3 and Myos muscle & joint support which includes green lipped mussels, and a daily sprinkling of nutritional yeast flakes (which I refer to as some sprinkles, hahaha) on their meals. Maya is also eating a daily nugget of Flexadin for her joints but Bella doesn't like the taste. I do have liquid Vit D/K2 which I am not regular at giving them but I could. I was using Wysong PDG for a long time but stopped a few months ago when Bella began to turn her nose up. Also, I will have updated Phos levels for Maya on Monday when she has her annual wellness exam and blood drawn. In 2025 Maya's Phos level was 4.6. Based on all of this, is there something else I should purchase to go with the Phos Fix like you mentioned above, and is the 1/3 capsule for each kitty still adequate? Thanks! P.S. I am getting better at giving Bella sub q fluids once a week and am almost ready to take the training wheels off, haha. She is feeling much better and I have started giving her Cerenia for her vomiting which has reduced that a lot as well.
 
I ordered the product from the WellBeing link you sent. Thanks! Still curious how it works with the PhosFix.
 
Back
Top Bottom