• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Another potential trigger that can imbalance dogs and cats

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi everyone!

Jamie just shared this nice article. It's about how common household items, that emit sounds we can't hear, may trigger symptoms in dogs and cats (who are sensitive to noises):

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
While you can help with noises inside your home, you can also help a major noise trigger that also harms wildlife - firecrackers. Summer 2023 Audubon said noise and lights disorient birds. Heart rates of geese were increased for hours and other climbed higher for several nights after a celebration, some flying over 300 miles. And there is pollution of air and water (maybe avoid your local ponds after the fourth. And veterans and others with PTSD can be severely triggered by these loud noises, including gun and cannon salutes.

One partial solution some towns are starting that you could promote include using drone light shows or laser shows.

Take a stand to minimize loud noise shows!

Dr. Christina

ivegrgas

VIP Member
Registered
This summer, I planted a row of hedges in my front yard. It was my first attempt at gardening, and I have invested significant time in tending to the young plants. The other day, my dog alerted me to an activity outside, which generally means a mail carrier coming up to the front door. But this time, I did not hear a vehicle stop in front of the house. I walked outside to find a perfect mound of dirt by one of my bushes. The young plants have proven to be a delicious meal for a gopher. Within two weeks, this gopher has eaten the roots of half a dozen of my new plants. One of the commonly used deterrents for a gopher and other rodents is the ultrasonic emitters. Although these devices are advertised as safe for pets, I do not believe that to be true! If my dog is able to detect this gopher from the first floor window, either by seeing or hearing (or even possibly smelling); I am certain that she would be adversely impacted by an ultrasonic emitter. I am hoping that none of my neighbors decide to use a device like it. In the mean time, I am giving castor oil a try while asking this gopher to go to the nearby park.

And adding on to what Dr. Christina said, during summer months Golden Gate Park has several multi day music festivals. I am certain that many birds leave during this time, but I always feel so bad for the heard of bison who live about two hundred yards from the main stage!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom