• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

animalEO and Essential Oils for Flea, Tick and Other Parasite Control

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi everyone-

Fleas, flies and ticks oh my!

These pests both are bothersome and downright pesty? and can trigger serious diseases like Lyme.

It seems like there is an increasing number of tick-borne diseases and more and more strong "preventatives".

However, the best prevention is optimizing your pets immune systems.

Strong, and sometimes even carcinogenic, parasite prevention products can decrease resistance to dis-eases and increase the chances for other health challenges.

Fortunately, nature has provided the answer (as she usually does).

These are the natural oils that many plants use to ward off their own pests.?

Some of these oils are also very useful for preventing bugs and can be used safely in dogs and cats.

Things like Neem, Lavender, Geranium, Cedar, etc. are very helpful.

@Dr.Melissa has blended up a great product to help:

She also shares some of her personal experiences and other helpful products here:

However, like most other things in your pets lives, no one size fits all.

Try different oils to see what works best for your pets or use a blend like:

If you already have fleas living in your house, you know that treating your pets topically only solves a part of the problem.

When trying to get rid of them, we have historically been told that toxic "bombs" are the only choice.

There are however, safer alternatives like:

On Monday 3/2/20 Dr. Melissa will be joining Holistic Actions! members and guest to teach all of us about safe use of essential oils for dogs, cats, horses, birds and exotic pets.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Alice!

My experience is limited, so let's see what @Dr.Melissa says during Q & A for tomorrow (3/2) webinar.

AliceR

Registered
Thank you. Will you please ask for me, I will not be able to attend the live session.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sure Alice!:thumbsup:

Dr.Melissa

Registered
Veterinarian
Thank you. Will you please ask for me, I will not be able to attend the live session.
I will definitely include your question in the talk! It's a great one! And I think you will be pleasantly surprised to find the answer!

Dr. Melissa Shelton

lizkunz

All-Access Member
Registered
I'm not sure if it was mentioned but Dr. Melissa has an Animal Desk Reference for Essential Oils for Animals. It is a wonderful resource that is available on Amazon. Thank you Dr. Melissa!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom