• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Aggravation ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sounds great Christine.

Regarding your next steps, what concerns you the most about her at this time?

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
She had form stool followed by a few drops of liquid stool today.
What concerns me the most right now is her BEAM - when her tummy is not feeling 100%, her appetite is affected.
Is it time for re dose with increase succussion or change of remedy due to a change in her mood (slight increase in aggression) and a new symptom (more
Persistent coughing)? @Dr. Jeff

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
It's hard to say here and now Christine.

Perhaps just wait, watch and hold off on dosing until we talk next.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Okay Dr Jeff. I booked an appt with you for 8/3 - the earliest you have available. I can’t wait.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
OK Christine! Let's see what happens with her stools, gurgling and BEAM now that you've stopped dosing.

BTW-please remind us of her diet (e.g. what % meat vs. other?).

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff

Her diet consists of the following:

egg:
one organic hard-boiled egg every day + 1 tsp of bone broth + pinch of fiber detox (we copied Archie's breakfast menu).

protein: 3 to 4oz of protein with different types of protein in rotation (she mostly gets different types of protein each meal - I noticed she gets tired of one type every 2-3 days ;)):
raw meat blends (80/20/20) of duck, quail, rabbit, turkey, beef, pork (rarely)
and/or Answers nibble of duck, turkey, beef, pork (rarely)
sometimes: seared organic ground turkey or grass-fed ground beef
canned sardine sometimes.

liquid:
answers' raw goat milk: up to 1/4 cup per day
answers's turkey stock: up to 1/4 cup per day
[she doesn't drink plain water and has no teeth so I give her more bone broth in her meal]

veggies:
green juju: up to 2 tbsp per day

I don't stick to a strict meal plan for her; I try to give her a variety of food.

I can type up diet and supplement in details for our 8/3 individualized appointment. What other information do you need in addition to Symptoms, EWS, BEAM, Diet and Supplements. Please let me know so I can prepared in advance. Thank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Christine-

You already have a great handle on what you're doing for her, and you keep a journal, so I'm confident that you have all of the info. that can help Hope get as balanced as she can be.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks @Dr. Jeff - Since we still have two weeks in the interim between now and our appointment, I was wondering if it is a bad idea to give her any remedies? You see, It feels like I'm going in circle here - yesterday and today, she's not very interested in her favorite food (mashed egg) in the morning and seemed to be a little afraid of her bowl. I gave her duck nibbles by Answers last night and she didn't didn't consume the entire plate until I added toppers (small batch duck bites). She wouldn't drink her goat's milk until I added toppers! I am trying to stick with one protein as you suggested but may need to change protein soon because she may not eat duck again.

Her stool this morning was form and could be picked up without it being sticky to the grass.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Christine.

Since Hope has relatively mild and chronic symptoms, it's probably best to work on hygiene rather than give her remedies.

For example, it would be a useful test to remove any veggies from her diet to see how that effects her stools.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you @Dr. Jeff - I will give that a try. Removing veggies mean no more Answers food also, right? I can give her just raw meat blends or cooked ground meat without veggies (green juju).

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Correct. No food with veggies or fruits. Right @GinnyW ?

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
What else should I refrain her from diet wise? Goat milk, supplements (I received the Moringa supplement I ordered from you today, @Dr. Jeff?). Not even organic purple yam for fiber?

would you recommend Cooked ground meat only or raw meat blend (80/20/20)? We can go either way first since her stool was soft while on either one.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
1. No milk

2. Nutritional suppllements for 5 days then food-based supplements like Moringa.

3. No yam.

4. Cooked oor raw meat only. No veggies.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
1. No milk

2. Nutritional suppllements for 5 days then food-based supplements like Moringa.

3. No yam.

4. Cooked oor raw meat only. No veggies.
That is one restricted diet plan!
Besides Moringa, how about CBD oil, Fiber Detox and MitoMax? Are those food-based? I was giving her raw goat milk for the probiotics. I have sea kelp and mushroom blends also. How about turkey stock by Answers?!
How about treats for snuffle mats? I am currently giving Small Batch bites (Freeze dried) and air-dried hearts soaked in water.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Christine, in response to your question:

What else should I refrain her from diet wise?

I initially asked you just to refrain from fruits and veggies for now. The rest is up to you.

Those supplements are fine. The more variety she gets at this point, the greater the chance that she may get loose stools from it.

I suggest you try different things 1 at a time and see how she does on them.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Christine, in response to your question:

I initially asked you just to refrain from fruits and veggies for now. The rest is up to you.

Those supplements are fine. The more variety she gets at this point, the greater the chance that she may get loose stools from it.

I suggest you try different things 1 at a time and see how she does on them.
I thought you may find this interesting - I stopped giving her veggies in her diet two days ago and today she tried to eat grass on our morning walk!

I offered her her favorite egg earlier this afternoon but she turned away. I tried giving her favorite treat (duck bites) but she turned away from it also :(

What is her body telling us?

Last edited:

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
I thought you may find this interesting - I stopped giving her veggies in her diet two days ago and today she tried to eat grass on our morning walk!

I offered her her favorite egg earlier this afternoon but she turned away. I tried giving her favorite treat (duck bites) but she turned away from it also :(

What is her body telling us?
@Dr. Jeff - She didn't poo either :(

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
No stool is > than diarrhea!

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
No stool is > than diarrhea!
??
I"m a bit concerned though because she's refusing food - overall BEAM dropped.

Update: She vomited clear liquid around 5:30pm today. As of then, no food nor drink.
I took her temperature (rectally) - 99.9F (6:30pm)

gave her ozone therapy and took her out in stroller. Made her ground Turkey congee with tiny bit of ginger. She just ate! Her appetite is back.

925pm - she’s back to normal. Good BEAM!

Last edited:

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Always please recall that a carnivore, even a little one - think weasels or shrews - eats, by choice, critters! Meat is their preferred food. Wolves, foxes, hyenas, and any dog relatives, are set up to eat meat; enzymes, structure, dentition, gut length, etc. are all designed to be happy on meat:)
It's also quite common for carnivores to nibble at grasses; it helps them process bones and other large chunks they do not - CAN not - chew thoroughly. My big meathound eats the longest and toughest grass he can find, and then poops it out in due time, wrapped around any offending chunks or slivers. Also, it takes 4-6 hours for raw food to transit the gut, but hours longer for cooked, or more for vegetable matter. So take that into account and don't worry about not seeing poop. You'll know if there's a real issue, in plenty of time. Let her rest her gut, if she likes.

What Dr. Jeff is saying, I believe, is to simplify things, and give her what she is most suited for. We ask an awful lot of these guys when we throw everything in the book at them, especially when they are already not functioning at top digestive form. Perhaps she is telling you she needs a rest:)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom