• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Aggravation ?

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
After my 15min HMDM call with @Dr. Jeff yesterday (On 7/1), I dosed My dog Hope Nux 30c 10/q tip three times per instructions.

The next morning I found her with a pool of loose stool mixed of slushy and liquid. And she Ate some.

She has had loose stool (previous post here Thread 'Seeking individualized remedy for pup with constant diarrhea'
Seeking individualized remedy for pup with constant diarrhea but had perfect solid stool in between the first dose (1230pm on 7/1) and the second dose (11pm on 7/1) but then I heard her stomach gurgling after she went to bed
So I dosed her again (2am on 7/2) and it happened…worse than before dose. He face was very itchy it seemed, she kept scratching it with her paws and rub it on the floor.

No change in BEAM or diet. Context: she had Nux back in March (for GI issues) and she was fine. Had full dental extractions in April and was dosed Arnica. Then loose stool started again in June and was dosed Pulsatilla and was fine. Let me know what other details (context) may be needed here to provide a better picture.

anyway, Are we experiencing aggravation? I will definitely stop Nux for now. Any feedback or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, this could be an aggravation and a perfect action Christine (that you stopped dosing).

How exactly did you do the 1-2-3 dose (3 doses over 24 hours)?

Now let's see how she does this weekend.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff - To answer your question,

I dosed her at 12:50pm PST after our call on 7/1/21.Then we went on our day - no change in BEAM or symptoms. Then we went on our walk after I got off work at 6pm. She had perfect poo. Then the usual (dinner, snuffle mat...etc.), then around 11pm, I noticed she had smelly gas, so I dosed her at 11:15pm. Then I heard gurgling around 2am (It actually woke me up!), so I dosed her again at 2:20am (on 7/2/21 technically). Then around 6am (on 7/2/21), she went downstairs and I followed. She peed and I thought that was it then I heard something so I went to check on her and saw slushy poo with liquid on the pee pad and she ate some.

No more dose after that. Today (7/3), she had soft serve poo. No other changes. Smelly gas around 1:30am (on 7/4 technically).

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for your reply Christine. Happy 4th!

Let's see how she does today.

If her stools are not improving and she still has good BEAM, perhaps repeat the dose.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
It's always a good idea to dose with the number of succussions that last helped.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Today’s stool was firmer than yesterday’s - so that’s a slight improvement. Hence I did not dose.
I found fleas on her. This reminds me of when we first got her - fleas and loose stool.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great to hear about her firmer stool yesterday!

Also, that's an interesting correlation you made.

It's very possible that her body's reaction to the fleas is contributing to her loose stool...

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Today's stool was soft - no improvement. Given the correlation, would a dose of Nux 30c 10/Q-tip help in speeding up the healing process from flea bites?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes and no (it depends?).

Yes, a redose of Nux 10/Q is a good idea. However, she's not really healing from flea bites.

If she is super susceptible to the flea bites (or even just the presence of the fleas) they may have triggered an internal imbalance that the Nux can help correct.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
I gave her dose this morning and we just came back from our short walk - her stool was formed yet on a sticky side. Would this be a positive response?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Any BEAM change since dosing?

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Drop in appetite very slightly - not sure if hot weather is the cause …

I do notice slight increase in coughing … again not sure if it’s the freeze dried treats…

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Christine; I'd advise more watching and waiting. It's often difficult to decide from just one symptom. As Dr. Jeff advised, BEAM is key, so just wait and see what her overall demeanor becomes. Nothing bad will happen so fast you cannot address it.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Update - today (July 7th), Hope's stool on her first walk was normal (yay!), but she had a dollop of very soft almost watery stool on her second walk. BEAM - slightly picky with raw food when offered them at first; but no hesitation to eat her cooked meal.

She's less timid when we go on walks now (as compared to her timidity before Nux) - she barked at dogs today instead of running away.

Do I still wait?

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Today's ? update: mixed of tiny bit firm and soft serve.
No change in BEAM. @Dr. Jeff
Last dose: 6/29
No other changes/context.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
What do you think y'all should do Christine and @GinnyW ?

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
I wanted to dose again but I didn't.

We ran out of his normal protein (raw) mixed so we went back to feeding her Answers nibbles and it seemed to help.. at least no more loose stool. However, the challenge is that she is not a big fan of Answers food. I received the fiber detox mixed I ordered from @Dr. Jeff and I added a pinch of it to her breakfast (smashed egg) this morning...this afternoon, her stool was form and almost completely firm. Other than this (improvement), she seems to be more itchy. No fleas, I checked. Behavior - more aggressive. She barks at most dogs that came near her.

Energetic wise/energy level wise, I really wish I could figure out what to do for her.

Anyone's thoughts would be so appreciated.

Saturday night update: she had a small strip of form looking but loose stool (could not be picked up completely) tonight during our later walk. I discourage her from barking because it’s unlike her usual self and it leads to coughing fit usually.

Last edited:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom