• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Blood in stools

B

Bettina

My cat have in 2 weeks now, have blood in stools. Not every day, but on off. It's seems like fresh blood. The stools are totally dry, and really hard.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
You have only had the cat for 2 weeks?
And how often do you see the blood?
Is there ever more of it?
How is the BEAM - behavior, energy, appetite and mood?

What are you feeding?
The blood could be from the hard stool breaking a few blood vessels as it passes.

More after we hear back from you.

B

Bettina

No, I had my cat for 7 years.
It started for a little moths ago, when stopped, and now the last 2 weeks it has started again
. It was because I give wrong food, see my previous posts.
I now give them raw meat with Boones and chiken organs.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bettina

The beam is normally. Eat well, mood is fine, he plays, going around in the garden.

There is as much blood like on the picture when I see it.

DSC_1567.JPG

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Was there a difference in the consistency of the stool when there was blood then no blood and now blood again? hard, then softer, then hard again?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Bettina-

Great news that your kitty's BEAM is normal!

Has he been to your local vet?

If so, what does s/he say?

Has your kitty had a recent stool analysis by your vet?

Have you introduced any new food (liver?) in the past 2 weeks?

B

Bettina

Hi Bettina-

Great news that your kitty's BEAM is normal!

Has he been to your local vet?

If so, what does s/he say?

Has your kitty had a recent stool analysis by your vet?

Have you introduced any new food (liver?) in the past 2 weeks?

I don't have been to the vet.
As you know from my previous posts, I have give new food now. But my cat also have blood in stools somedays before on the old food he got.

The stools are hard and if I push on it, it gets to powder.

B

Bettina

My cat have change today, he sleep the most of the day
He eats okay

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Powdery poops often mean too much bone in the food.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
you may want to start by adding Marshmallow root or slippery elm to the diet for a few weeks to see if the stools are less hard. I agree with Dr. Jeff that the hardness of the stools may cause an irritation of the bowel lining leading to a bit of bleeding.

Be sure you are keeping a journal and recording all these symptoms.

Where do you live?

Dr. Christina

B

Bettina

you may want to start by adding Marshmallow root or slippery elm to the diet for a few weeks to see if the stools are less hard. I agree with Dr. Jeff that the hardness of the stools may cause an irritation of the bowel lining leading to a bit of bleeding.

Be sure you are keeping a journal and recording all these symptoms.

Where do you live?

Dr. Christina
I live in Danmark.
I have talk with a vet, there says i should avoid bones totally, so just give pure meat and organs and see about the stools get better

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I agree that you can feed no bones for a week or two and see if the stools improve. Good suggestion from your veterinarian.

if the stools improve, you may want to use a powdered calcium supplement like bone meal, calcium from animal essentials company that comes from algae and feed big hunks of meat, chicken, fish, etc, to help the teeth and jaws. You could also feed a smaller percentage of bones and see if that works. Every dog, like every human, needs different diets to thrive.

There are no homeopathic veterinarians listed in several international organizations, so you may need to do some of your own research. Another option is to become a client of Dr. Jeff (How Do I Become a New Client of Dr. Jeff Feinman's Homeopathic Veterinary Practice in Connecticut?) and some of the vets listed at www.theAVH.org, especially Dr. Hamilton, Dr. Levy. You can also see which of the British homeopathic vets would be interested in phone consults -
Welcome to the BAHVS - BAHVS

Dr. Christina

B

Bettina

Good news! My cats stools are normally again. I have give pure chicken meat 200 gram with 100 gram mixet chicken organs.

So now I just need to know, how do I feed my cat best now!?
How much of each? I really don't want my cat in this situation again, so I looking for all the help I can get now, to make sure I do the right. Thanks :)

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom