• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Where can someone get a second opinion of an xray

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I am looking to get a radiologist to read JJ's xray. It was never sent out because he died. How can I get a radiology report so I can understand all the characteristics that radiologists usually mention? How can I pursue this? The vet who treated him and read the xray is very inexperienced and I understand from the You Tube University :) thoracic xrays are difficult to interpret without experience. Thanks

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
If the radiographs (x-rays) are digital, then it's super easy!

Just ask your vet to submit them to Idexx or Antech (whichever lab he uses).

Sorry to disagree with social media, but I find abdominal radiographs to be more challenging to read than thoracic ones (there's way more in a belly...).

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Hi Dr. Jeff

It's that simple? GREAT... I have 2 vets I can potentially ask as I do have digital copies. As far as complexity, I heard from "youtube university" :))(my name for videos on such topics that I was learning from) Now that you mention, yeah, abdominal ones do seem much more difficult. Thanks so very much for weighing in. Will talk to you soon on my monthly call....

LilF

Community Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff Yes it looks like one of my vets could do IDEXX. Another vet uses VetRad. Do you have an opinion about them? I would like the most comprehensive read possible. VetRad did Gabby's xray from November and seems nothing was definitive on the reading so wondered who was the Gold Star in the industry. I had not heard of VetRad before last November and it strikes me it is not used much if after all these years I never heard of them before November... Thanks.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
A radiologist at Idexx would be my preference (tho the VetRad team looks great as well).

You can't go wrong with either and perhaps use whichever is easiest for your vet.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff My vet is willing to do Idexx but he said he has not used their imaging. He has to investigate how to send them he said. Should he ask for a second opinion on these xrays done by another hospital? Will they do it? What should he say? Should he say the patient died and the client wants closure or what is the best thing to get them to read them? My local vet has been sooo nice on behalf of JJ. He really does care. Thanks

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Should he ask for a second opinion on these xrays done by another hospital?
Your best bet is to just have your vet get a consult from a radiologist at whichever lab he uses (or Vet Rad).

Your vet sounds awe-some!!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom