• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

When to seek 1:1 care vs Treating at home

KaminiJ

Registered
Chia is a 1 yr old spayed pug with recurring symptoms of lethargy, feverish on belly, pink/brown urine, reduced appetite, constipation/diarrhea. Seemingly randomly she will be fine for several weeks with no negative symptoms visible, and then symptoms recur. We are aware of a recurring MRSA UTI that was first apparent in January and hasn't healed. She's had 6 rounds of antibiotics for her spay, her skin, sniffles, UTI, etc between 2 mo - 10 mo old as I didn't know about homeopathy.

I took her to see holistic doctor in LA in March, Chia has since been doing better, but whenever symptoms recur, my reaction is to want her to be seen in person. I wasn't sure about the holistic dr's approach (she had 2 fecal transplants here, x-ray revealed inflamed kidneys, & prescribed supplements included probiotics, cranberry, mushrooms, cytoess lacteal complex, and epicor yeast). I felt it was difficult & expensive to take her for more fecal transplants, although 2-6 more were recommended. After these treatments we noticed symptoms stopping.

I consulted with Dr. Sagrera's over the phone in April after fever symptoms recurred again. Chia began additional supplements (Aminavast, L-glutamine, B complex, Folic acid, D-3) and had one dose of Hepar Sulph, and calcium added to the diet. Her diet was changed to 3 parts of cooked beef/turkey + 1 part quinoa/potato. Per Dr. Jeff she now gets consistent walks + snuffle mat time which she loves.

About a week ago (May 2022) symptoms recurring - specifically she wasn't eating much + constipation. Wanted her to be seen in person & took her to a homeopathic doctor in LA (Healing Touch). I agreed to do one round of the B vitamin shot, Traumeel injection, and Ozone Rectal. As well as Acu/chiro treatment + Idexx Total Health Plus blood exam which I believe can detect cancer, and an Ultrasound Brief to check her kidney. It's been about a week, and we're now noticing consistent pink urine, but increase appetite and more regular stools. She is now also taking Chinese 8 Righteous Herbs + a new mushroom blend daily.

8-10 week treatment plan recommended by Healing Touch (once per week)
Acu/Chiro.
Vitamin B injection
Ozone Group rectal
Traumeel Injection
Continue the Chinese herbs + mushroom, along with her vitamins (B complex, Folic, D-3, Aminvast, L-glutamine)

Other treatments suggested:
  • Animal Biome
  • Assisi Loop for pain
  • UVB/Hermealumen blood cleansing - up to 10 treatments
My questions for you all are:
1) Do you see these treatments as necessary for her to regain balance, or is it a method to make healing faster? When do you see these treatments as a necessity vs luxury.
2) Do you see Chia as being able to fully recover one day, or do you think we will continue managing her symptoms through different treatments?
3) Does a homeopathic dog need to have an in-person primary care for when symptoms flare up or change?
4) Any other things we can try at home besides formal treatment? Bengston method?

@Dr. Beth , @Dr. Christina , @Dr. Jean , @Dr. Jeff , @Dr. Jessica , @Dr. Sara , @Dr. Sue , @Dr.Levy , @Dr.Siegel , @dr_ judy herman

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Kamini-

How's Chia's BEAM (in spite of her MRSA and symptoms)?
1) Do you see these treatments as necessary for her to regain balance, or is it a method to make healing faster? When do you see these treatments as a necessity vs luxury.
Supportive treatments are designed to help the body do its' job, so I see them more as a luxury. Energetic treatment with single remedy homeopathy or TCVM, Ayurveda, etc. is a necessity IMHO.
2) Do you see Chia as being able to fully recover one day, or do you think we will continue managing her symptoms through different treatments?
It depends and Dr. Sagrera knows more about the context here. In general though I expect her body will need to work for months to years with energetic stimulation to heal (and holistic modalities such as you mention can speed it up).
3) Does a homeopathic dog need to have an in-person primary care for when symptoms flare up or change?
Yes and no. It is indeed important to have a local open-minded (they don't need to be holistically trained) vet to do exams and diagnostics.
4) Any other things we can try at home besides formal treatment? Bengston method?

Yes, lots of things!!

These all increase her cellular energy and may speed her bodies ability to heal (and are free or inexpensive).

2-3 daily Therapeutic Sniff Walks, at least 2 snuffle mat sessions, BEAM-training sessions, Bengston intentional healing and Love Therapy, etc. are all things you can do at home as often as possible. You can not overdo any of them.

Yes, she can fully recover.

The stronger your healing intention for her, the better!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom