• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

What to add to a raw diet for a dog with allergies?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
@AgnesB posted this question in a different folder, but I thought we could discuss it here. I'd especially love to hear @Dr. Sue and @Dr. Christina's opinions, but will give mine as well.

The question was:

What should be added to the raw food for dogs? Any oil? My dog has sensitive GI. Thanks.

My answer is that the choice of a raw food diet would depend on the food being used, the severity and specifics of the allergies of the pup, and whether there were any other symptoms like a sensitive stomach.

I'd probably lean toward no additions for now. Consider an Answer's Raw Goat's Milk fast to help reduce potential food allergens, and then add back one diet component at a time to help determine if there are any food triggers.

A Nutriscan food allergy sensitivity test may be helpful in guiding to which foods to use:

Regarding oils and other food supplements in a situation like Bella's, I'd consider a consultation with the wise and wonderful @Nicci starting with this info:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom