• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Weight loss on home cooked diet

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
I wanted to include an update on Teddy’s BEAM, it seems since SEPT and the traumatic blood draw for him from his neck, his personality has changed some. It took two weeks after rabie titers for him to come around and be himself with his brother, Timmy. He was a bit aggressive and snappy and he never was like that. After dec bout of diarrhea and unfortunately my bad decision to give both a 7 day course of antiobiotic, he began at times to sleep under the bed. Also a family member did move out in November so that was a change for him too? Then the blood work for a baseline in Jan really upset him again with a hematoma on his leg which has resolved. His brother Timmy finds a lot of play in wool balls and loves them. Teddy has not found a toy he likes, and when I am home he makes sure he knows what I am doing at all times. He use to be more playful and so to try to motivate him I put a leash on and take him out for 5 minutes each day. When he comes back in he is highly energenic, and playful. At night he now seems more himself but loses interest in playing with mouse wand after 15 minutes. He sleeps more, and his brother plays more, it was the reverse before the titers, he had way too much energy, now I am wondering. I wonder if they both were experiencing some vaccinosis because they were vaccinated annually in sept. They are both positive for titers so no rabies vaccine ever! I am slowly transitioning to lightly cooked, light pink chicken, with premix balance it for now every several days and monitoring his stools, which are formed. Soon will be giving very day one meal semi raw and one meal cooked. Keeping fingers crossed. Timmy gobbles everything up but Teddy is very picky. He snubs semiraw unless I put forteflora on or mix with some quality canned. I am hoping by March to be all raw but not sure if he will accept this. I am going to submit their stools to animalbiome to see how to build up their microbiome. Any suggestions on natural toppers other than fortaflora would be appreciated.

Then a home kit urinalysis some time in the future. Blood work for Teddy show he is high end normal for thyroid so I have to each him. I think raw will help? His coat seems nice and soft and less of the white specks past week. Look forward to Monday empower hr. All suggestions are always welcomed.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom