• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Weight loss in 9-year-old cat

DeidreN

All-Access Member
Registered

Herbal help

Rehmannia glutinosa
Astragalus membranaceus is known as a Qi tonic
Angelica sinensis contains polysaccharides that inhibit oxidative stress injury
Cinnamon is readily accepted by cats and offers a mono-herbal treatment
Silybum marianum antioxidant and free radical scavenger that inhibits lipid peroxidation and stabilizes cell membranes. It also increases intracellular glutathione, which plays a crucial role in the body’s antioxidant capacity, and it has anti-inflammatory properties inhibiting T-cell proliferation and cytokine secretion.20 There is also evidence that Silybum has a regenerative effect on renal tissue after injury.
Ganoderma compounds are renoprotective.22.The active peptide in Ganoderma counteracts oxidative stress from renal ischemia, and in an animal model of diabetic nephropathies has renal protective effects.
acupuncture~Systemic blood flow greatly impacts renal function. Peripheral vasoconstriction can be induced to drive more blood to the kidneys. Peripheral vaso-relaxation can be induced to decongest the kidneys

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Lysine is fine to use. Chia + water soaked 15 minutes or more (preferably overnight) is all you need to make structured water.

I'm not aware of lemon being toxic to cats. @Dr. Jean ?

DeidreN

All-Access Member
Registered
Shoosh's fur is matted and curly on the ends. I've given my horse ivermectin for worms. How do you feel about ivermectin for cats with kidney parasites?

DeidreN

All-Access Member
Registered

Elanco Tapeworm Dewormer (praziquantel tablets) for Cats and Kittens 6 Weeks and Older, 3-count​

DeidreN

All-Access Member
Registered
Is this product safe to give a cat with kidney disease?
Elanco Tapeworm Dewormer (praziquantel tablets) for Cats and Kittens 6 Weeks and Older, 3-count

DeidreN

All-Access Member
Registered
I don't but I'm worried that she may have one that's causing the kidney to fail

Dr. Jean Hofve

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Possible, but kidney worms are uncommon in cats. There are many species of worms (roundworms, hookworms, heartworms, etc.), and they are susceptible to different drugs, all of which are, to some extent, poisonous. We don't want to give drugs unless absolutely necessary!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom