• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Vomiting after drinking water and diahhrea what do I feed her now

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Today is a nightmare. Usually I feed Gabby with PLE, early in morning and withhold water because I observed she throws up after eating and then drinking water. Today I broke my rule and gave her a little water too soon after the small meal and she threw up. Then I fed her regular meal hours later of just meat and she went to drink water and threw up because I forgot to remove the bowl. Does anyone else notice dogs throw up after eating and then drinking and why does my dog do this? Next Problem is the liquid diahhrea. What do I do? I upped her dose of RX vitamins clay with today's main meal. Gave her usual glutamine and her folate capsule and that is it. She cannot fast as I have read here to do. She has bilious vomiting so that her stomach cannot be empty for a fast. With the vomit AND diahrrea, I am starting to worry about hydration although she is acting ok. What do I feed her? I don't think I should change her protein she is used to eating, bison and a little turkey with her thyroid pills. Should I go get some slippery elm? Do not know what triggered this off. Maybe the meal mix I put in her food one day to balance the diet?Ready to throw in the towel because all I do is clean up after a mess and feel frustrated I have no idea what will resolve this already. In the past I was able to resolve a dog's diahrrea but she has PLE and don't know what I can give her that won't worsen her condition. Oh, btw, would sweet potatoes help or not? They ARE carbs afterall. I have some of those. What about fiber---can she have fiber with PLE, small intestine thickening? Thanks for any thoughts today on this.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom