• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Vaccine Waiver

RobinT

Registered
Anyone know a vet who will give a distant/ online assessment, listen to the vaccinosis symptoms and issue a vaccine waiver?

Searched hi and lo for a holistic homeopathic vet in commuting distance. I paid over $500 getting a full work up of tests and alternative healing in a initial visit for both my pups from a holistic vet just for her to tell me she recommends the rabies vaccine for both my 13 months Mals and she does not agree with me that there are toxins in the vaccine that will trash their system and didn't acknowledge any risk in administering any vaccine. The whole point of patronizing and establishing care was to get a vaccine waiver to be renewed annually and monitor alternative immunity methods with titers.

She said she can't force any decision and that's she just didn't agree but asked us to sign her waiver that we had been medically advised and still refused the vaccine ?? Ultra frustrating especially when the law for Chicago, Illinois, says a any vet can issue a vaccine waiver if they believe it will cause harm to an unhealthy animal.

RobinT

Registered
Anyone know a vet who will give a distant/ online assessment, listen to the vaccinosis symptoms and issue a vaccine waiver?

Searched hi and lo for a holistic homeopathic vet in commuting distance. I paid over $500 getting a full work up of tests and alternative healing in a initial visit for both my pups from a holistic vet just for her to tell me she recommends the rabies vaccine for both my 13 months Mals and she does not agree with me that there are toxins in the vaccine that will trash their system and didn't acknowledge any risk in administering any vaccine. The whole point of patronizing and establishing care was to get a vaccine waiver to be renewed annually and monitor alternative immunity methods with titers.

She said she can't force any decision and that's she just didn't agree but asked us to sign her waiver that we had been medically advised and still refused the vaccine ?? Ultra frustrating especially when the law for Chicago, Illinois, says a any vet can issue a vaccine waiver if they believe it will cause harm to an unhealthy animal.

Screenshot_20230724_041041_Chrome.jpg

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Okay, I have to be honest here.

I don't know of any veterinarian who would issue a waiver without a physical exam, though they may exist. I have written many of these, since Colorado has a similar exemption, but only for animals I have personally seen, and that have a valid medical reason for not vaccinating (history of cancer, autoimmune disease, previous reaction, etc.). I believe all states' veterinary practice acts require an in-person "veterinary-client-patient relationship" (VCPR).

Vaccines have risks and benefits. Rabies is a public health issue, and it's fatal. If a totally unvaccinated dog bites someone, they will be vaccinated and quarantined. In some jurisdictions, the dog can be seized and even euthanized. The excerpt you copied above states that an exempt animal will be treated as unvaccinated.

If vaccinosis symptoms occur (they don't always, especially in healthy animals!), they can be treated. Rabies cannot.

In one small county in Illinois near Chicago, as of July this year, two dozen cases of bat rabies had already occurred. Many other animals carry it in the midwest.

Here in Colorado, which did not have terrestial rabies until recently, I have known bats to come down chimneys, onto balconies, and through open windows. My own cat somehow got into a shed and caught one. Luckily I was young and naive, and he was vaccinated. I still recommend the first two rabies vaccines, because they provide protection for many years, if not for life.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom