• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Toxic ingestion

Whitwelch

VIP Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff My dog Siren, ingested some type of toxin and her bloodwork is not great. I took her too the vet because she was vomiting most of the evening and into today. I thought she might have a blockage but that is not the case. The vet ran in house bloodwork and her liver numbers are very elevated. Her ALT is over 4000, it should be 120. Her ALP is 516, is was 196 a month ago, her GGT, not sure what that is 17. The vet gave her fluids and an injection of Vit B Complex and Methylcobalamin which he said is a remedy to help detox the liver. If any one has any other suggestions or experienc with a dog that ingested an unknown toxin, please let me know. I am also giving her Nux Vomica for the nausea. Thanks

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Oh dear, Whit. I'm so sorry to hear about Siren's health challenge. :(

How is she doing now?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Good morning Whit!

I hope that you and siren had a quiet night.

Have you dosed Nux yet this am?

Whitwelch

VIP Member
Registered
thanks for responding. Siren seems better today, no vomiting since the afternoon yesterday. Should I still give her more Nux? Should I add Charcoal as well?

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Have you been using charcoal?

If she still seems better, perhaps just keep doing what you've been doing.

Whitwelch

VIP Member
Registered
I was able to get the Livaplex that you suggested, should I give it to her once or twice a day?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
1 capsule twice a day is great!

How's she doing?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom