• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Stress stopper on steroids

HeidyH

Registered
  1. Your pet's name Adam
  2. Approximate age 10
  3. Sex M
  4. Neutering status Neutered
  5. Breed Exotic SH
  6. Approximate weight 8lbs
  7. What's their BEAM (behavior, energy, appetite, mood) okay
  8. Diet Cooked duck and turkey, Applaws tuna (loves fish)
  9. Vaccination history / exposure to toxins, other medication Prednisolone 5mg 3 times a week
  10. Primary problem, when it began and if there was anything else happening around that time Adam has IBD since 2021 and I am trying to help him to tapper off the steroids. I just learned stress stopper flower essence can help cats on steroids. (?) I want to confirm that I understand it correctly. (?)
  11. Is the condition better or worse from exercise, heat, cold, time of day, certain foods, emotional upset, being touched, excitement, etc? Loves sun bathing. Loves duck and fish. generally comfortable and confident in this home.
  12. Has any diagnostic work been done? Diagnosis if available (you can attach your diagnostic tests to the post if you have them)

Thank you. @Dr. Jeff ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Heidy!
I just learned stress stopper flower essence can help cats on steroids. (?) I want to confirm that I understand it correctly. (?)
You may be referring to @Dr. Jean Hofve's comment on this week's webinar that SS is like "Rescue Remedy on steroids".

Like other flower essences, it does not have the physical properties of a steroid but may be helpful along with other essences, homeopathy, and other energy building methods.

Dr. Jean may also comment more specifically about SS/flower essences and IBD.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Heidy!

It was great to meet you just now on our Skype call for HMDM.

Here are a few of the links I mentioned about the cellular energy and happiness approach to Adam's Pandora syndrome and other health challenges:

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Not knowing what Dr. Jeff covered with you on the call, in addition to the critically needed happiness and energy work, I would strongly suggest taking the 101 class and at the same time read the article on finding a holistic veterinarian. While there is a lot you can do to heal the digestive and immune systems, the fastest and surest way is to partner with a homeopathic or chinese medicine (TCVM) veterinarian. The team approach, and patience, is important.

There are some good studies with the probiotic Mitomax helping conventionally treated dogs on steroids for IBD decrease the dosage, so I would start with that.

There is so much to learn that it can seem overwhelming, so as you do your HMDM research, pick one or 2 things you will try next, do them for a few weeks, then re-evaluate (more of that in the 101 course) and decide on your next action steps.

Downloading the Journal may help you track all of Adam's symptoms and what you have tried.

Keep enjoying every moment, challenging and joyful!

Dr. Christina

HeidyH

Registered
Thank you Dr. Christina for your advice. I was looking at Mitomax and it has Maltodextrin, destrose, and sucrose. I was concerned whether these are okay for Adam with IBD. One of the holistic vets once recommended not giving glucose to adam for its sugar content. But I learned somewhere else that a little bit of sugar is good for the bacteria in his gut as a food source. May I have your advice?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I do know that the dogs in the study in Japan all had IBD, were on steroids and nothing holistic (that we know about) and with Mitomax were able to decrease steroids by 90%. I think it worth a try.

thanks for reading the label and I will check with the company to see if it has changed its formulation recently.

Dr. Christina

HeidyH

Registered
It is worth a try!
Right now, adam is taking 5mg pred on Mondays and Fridays, 2.5mg on Wednesdays.
This is the minimum dose he can handle without any issues provided with a consistent diet and routine.
My goal is to take him off pred.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Also Heidy, it's definitely worth trying Stress Stopper flower essence 4x/day (if you haven't already gotten some):

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Just a reminder that the biggest chance of success is doing all you are AND working with a homeopathic or TCVM vet.

Dr. Christina

HeidyH

Registered
Just a reminder that the biggest chance of success is doing all you are AND working with a homeopathic or TCVM vet.

Dr. Christina
I do have a homeopathic vet. Adam doesn't like to be touched by any stranger, so I will hold onto the thought of TCVM. Thank you.

HeidyH

Registered
Also Heidy, it's definitely worth trying Stress Stopper flower essence 4x/day (if you haven't already gotten some):

I do have a bunch of flower essences including stress stopper. I usually give him twice a day since it's the energy not quantity. I will switch to 4 times certainly. Thank you.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
And it is not necessary to give it orally. You can put a drop on the paws, or on your hands when petting, on the bedding, a toy, etc.

Who is your homeopath?
Dr. Christina

HeidyH

Registered
I just had a followup consultation with Dr. Michael Dym. He keeps telling me he needs to know the symptoms which means adam will have more vomitting and diarrhea with blood. In some cases, some animals just need steroids. I was getting frustrated about the expected continuous of vomitting and any blood in stool or diarrhea, and he asked me how much I can tolerate. I told him I can foresee the symptoms if adam is not on pred. I can tell him whatever he needs to know. Adam missed two doses and took him 2 weeks to get back to no symptoms. adam does not enjoy, or he is NOT happy when he's flaring up esp. his pred is helping his environmental allergies. I can only tolerate vomit once a week, and bloody diarrhea (not all watery but part of it) several times in a month. Adam had a bad episode 2 years ago when he had watery and bloody diarrhea for 2 months and I am so guilty about it because I didn't give him pred (he wasn't seeing a holistic vet at that time). He was eating and playing at that time, but I can also feel his pain and dis-ease. I just feel there is no end taking him off pred, and I understand it's not a vet's problem. adam requires almost 24x7 care. He is very needy and wants me to be with all the time in order for him to be happy. He follows me everywhere and most of his meals are hand-fed. he eats 5 whole ducks in 1.5 months, plus turkey and sardines and tuna. He has more supplements than anyone I know. He is still around 8 lbs (not complaining about the weight). I stay with adam and no trips or night outs for me (not that I want to). I am trying to say I am almost exhausted of all resources I have. Maybe adam is that kind of cat who needs pred for the rest of his life.
Thank you for listening.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom