• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat always chew/eat cat grass and then vomit

HeidyH

Registered
  1. Your pet's name adam and alibi
  2. Approximate age 5 and 10
  3. Sex M and M
  4. Neutering status Both neutered
  5. Breed exotic sh
  6. Approximate weight 8 and 10 lbs
  7. What's their BEAM (behavior, energy, appetite, mood) Good
  8. Diet Adam: Medium rare meat, and Alibi: Stella & chewy freeze dried
  9. Vaccination history / exposure to toxins, other medication Adam has IBD, Alibi is healthy
  10. Primary problem, when it began and if there was anything else happening around that time
It started whenever I offer cat grass to them. They always like to chew on cat grass, but every time they chew they will vomit clear watery substance, sometimes with foam. Should I still give them cat grass?
  1. Is the condition better or worse from exercise, heat, cold, time of day, certain foods, emotional upset, being touched, excitement, etc? No really
  2. Has any diagnostic work been done? Diagnosis if available (you can attach your diagnostic tests to the post if you have them) No
  3. Current and previous treatment N/A
  4. Other health concerns N/A
@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina @Dr. Jean Hofve Please kindly advise. Thank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Heidy!
Should I still give them cat grass?
Great question! Does either Adam or Alibi love eating the cat grass? It's important to focus on things they love.

How often do they chew on the cat grass?

HeidyH

Registered
Does either Adam or Alibi love eating the cat grass?
Yes, they love it. They chew on it almost everyday.
Adam also likes to wonder around outside of the home, like going to the neighbors's yard even it is dark. But I can't let him do that because it is dangerous being outside all the time like injuries or being attacked by other animals. How to find the balance between what he wants and safety?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How to find the balance between what he wants and safety?
Safety first.

Eating the grass and vomiting may be inconvenient (depending on where they vomit) is not dangerous.

HeidyH

Registered
not dangerous
I am relieved to learn that! I always wonder why they kept eating grass and vomiting right after. Someone else told me their cats vomit after eating grass when they're young, but not when they're adults.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom