• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Straining after pooping, blood in straining

RandyC

VIP Member
Registered
Hi everyone,

After my dog, ChewChew pooped this morning, he was straining. I looked to see if there's anything to pick up. I saw some blood on the grass, as well as some blood on his butt. I've attached photos of both.

His BEAM is good. His poop was soft, formless. He's had soft stools for a while. We've been working with Dr. Jeff on restoring ChewChew's internal balance.

Is the blood a cause for concern? Anything we should to do?

Thank you!

PS- @Dr. Jeff , we have an appointment with you this Friday (2/18) for the 1 month checkup for new remedy, phosphorus 30c.

image1.jpg

image 2.jpg

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Not to worry as he is doing well in other ways.

Blood can be generated by the irritation of diarrhea.

Keep an eye on him and keep us posted.

Since you are working with Dr. Jeff, this could be a discharge (good) or a return of an old symptom (good if he had GI issues in the past) or it could just be one of those things (ate something you did not see, etc).
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Randy and Sherry-

As Dr. Christina said, the significance of ChewChew's colitis symptom depends on its' context.

RandyC

VIP Member
Registered
Thank you @Dr. Christina and @Dr. Jeff !

ChewChew's GI issue is mainly what we've been working on, but blood with stool/straining was not one of his old symptoms. He's been alternating between soft stool and diarrhea with the new remedy. With what Dr. Christina said, I guess the blood could be generated by the irritation of diarrhea or a discharge (new sympton).

ChewChew's stomach was making a lot of slushing sound this morning. After he pooped in the morning, there was a tine bit of blood on his butt (a drop or two). By the way (his poses) he was resting during the day, he might have a little bit of stomach discomfort. Other than those, his BEAM is still good. After an hour of walking in the morning, he spent another hour walking around/rolling around/digging holes in the yard.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome!

He's been alternating between soft stool and diarrhea with the new remedy
Is he having any well-formed stools? If so, what's the approximate ratio of well-formed to diarrhea (does diarrhea mean pudding stools?)?

This well help you evaluate the remedy and listen to his body to decide what to do next.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom