• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Storing Homeopathic Solutions

kristen_acri

All-Access Member
Registered
I usually hang onto remedy solutions that I make long after I'm not using them any more. 1 pellet to 1 cup water, in a glass jar, refrigerated. Is this recommended? Could I use this preparation again if needed? What about those repeat succussions done before re-dosing? Would I have to consider them if I use the preparation for the first time with a different animal?

Thanks!

Kristen

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I would not hang on to diluted remedies for more than a month if you are no longer using them.

You would have no idea, really, what potency you were giving to a new animal.

Just a reminder to others - the dry pellets never expire, even though they may have an expiration date on the bottle. I have seen the kit made by Dr. James Kent in 1900 and if the bottles are more than 1/2 full, people can be treated from his bottles and they say the remedies seem to work even faster than modern ones. A German veterinarian was telling me that the same is true for the remedies made by Dr. Hahnemann, himself. She has seen the kits.

Dr. C

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
Can we re-use the brown glass bottles after using with same or other remedy?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Donna!

Yes, but the bottle and dropper need to be neutralized before the re-use.

Running them through the dishwasher with very hot water is one way to do this.

Boiling water and filling the bottle with it is another.

Also, to revisit Kristen's great question, the answer is it depends.?‍♂️

If the solution was preserved with alcohol then they can stay good for many years.

Yes, the prior succussions need to be considered if you make up a new solution while treating a specific pet.

One strategy if you need to make up a new solution is to give as many succussions as had been used before, 1 hour prior to dosing.

So if you've given 5 doses and have used 10 succussions, then give 50 catch up succussions 1 hour (or more) prior to dosing.

Then re-succuss just prior to the next dose.

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
Is there an alcohol option you'd recommend? ARNICA is one of those remedies I like to keep around.

JoanD

All-Access Member
Registered
Great question Donna!

Yes, but the bottle and dropper need to be neutralized before the re-use.

Running them through the dishwasher with very hot water is one way to do this.

Boiling water and filling the bottle with it is another.

Also, to revisit Kristen's great question, the answer is it depends.?‍♂️

If the solution was preserved with alcohol then they can stay good for many years.

Yes, the prior succussions need to be considered if you make up a new solution while treating a specific pet.

One strategy if you need to make up a new solution is to give as many succussions as had been used before, 1 hour prior to dosing.

So if you've given 5 doses and have used 10 succussions, then give 50 catch up succussions 1 hour (or more) prior to dosing.

Then re-succuss just prior to the next dose.

JoanD

All-Access Member
Registered
This is such good, basic information. I've needed to have the answer to these questions about continuing with a new solution and reusing the bottles. Please let us know what alcohol to use and how much to extend the life of a dilution. Excellent! Thank you Donna, Dr. Jeff and Dr. Christina.

DonnaR

All-Access Member
Registered
What ALCOHOL recommendations do you all like to use? I'd love to know your recipe. thanks

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Add ~25% of any available inexpensive vodka to preserve the solution.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom