• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Radiology term defined and also how to find an independent radiologist

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I am posting today regarding a term I ran across on some radiology images, thoracic images of JJ recently. There were 3 views and when I study the images I noticed that they say "altered" on 2 of the 3. I tried to look up what that means but having trouble understanding. I just gleaned that the radiation could have been too high or low or the dog moved. Can someone please tell me what this means "altered" with regard to the xrays being useful or not? If they say altered does that mean they should be redone? Also is there a place I can find an independent radiologist to review xrays? JJ's xrays were never sent out and I would like a professional read on them. Thanks

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Lil-

What does the full radiology report say (for further context)?

I personally am not sure what is meant here, but wonder if this might be an altered addendum to the original report:

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Oh, Dr. Jeff, I have a bit of a learning curve here.... I have to study this all more. No radiologist ever read JJ's xray. It was never sent out. I wanted it sent out. I have to take a better look at my copies of his xrays. I would like to get an independent reading of them to determine if possible: if his heart was enlarged and can they tell how much fluid was in the lung. JJ was tachypneic but not dyspnic when he was with me. So when they said he had labored breathing...how did he go from not even hearing him breathe in the car or the night before, to "labored breathing" (dyspnea) when they took him inside (actually they lifted him out of the car out of his slumber, I know I would be startled and start panting at that too! So I wondered about the "degree" of fluid in the lungs.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom