• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

PPDH Diagnosis care

Dr. Jean Hofve

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Glad to hear Neeko recovered from the Furball Incident! We almost lost Jackson Galaxy's cat that way, I had to give artificial respiration all the way to the emergency vet! Of course Neeko's anatomy wouldn't be normal due to the previous hernia surgery. Scar tissue can create lots of little nooks and crannies in the belly.

It will be really important, as his fur grows out, to keep him combed, at least 2 or 3 times a week, and/or a dose of Vaseline every couple of weeks, to prevent forming any more furballs.

Right now it's more important that he is eating, rather than what he'll eat. But we do want to transition him off kibble asap. Here are two sites with many suggestions on how to do that:
Switching Foods | Little Big Cat - Dr. Jean Hofve
https://catinfo.org/docs/TipsForTransitioning1-14-11.pdf

CarianneB

Community Member
Registered
Glad to hear Neeko recovered from the Furball Incident! We almost lost Jackson Galaxy's cat that way, I had to give artificial respiration all the way to the emergency vet! Of course Neeko's anatomy wouldn't be normal due to the previous hernia surgery. Scar tissue can create lots of little nooks and crannies in the belly.

It will be really important, as his fur grows out, to keep him combed, at least 2 or 3 times a week, and/or a dose of Vaseline every couple of weeks, to prevent forming any more furballs.

Right now it's more important that he is eating, rather than what he'll eat. But we do want to transition him off kibble asap. Here are two sites with many suggestions on how to do that:
Switching Foods | Little Big Cat - Dr. Jean Hofve
https://catinfo.org/docs/TipsForTransitioning1-14-11.pdf
I bet that would have been scary.
I gave Neeko a few big breaths before we drove to the vet. Thank goodness she is 4 blocks away.
Combing, you bet. 4x/week.
Vaseline, so far once a week.
Thank you for the links.
It gets pretty overwhelming with so much out there.
We will get him there. I am confident in that.
Thank you again. 🙏🏽

Dr. Jean Hofve

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
It was terrifying! Fortunately it was 2AM or we would've been in jail for going 90 through residential neighborhoods!

You are already on top of everything, good job!! I am sure he will be fine.
:catfood:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom