• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Positive Anaplasmosis test

DavidR

Community Member
Registered
1. Your pet's name - Winston
2. Approximate age - 3
3. Sex- Male
4. Neutering status - neutered
5. Breed- german shepard mix
6. Approximate weight - 53 lbs
7. What's their BEAM - acting himself, great appetite, eager do do things by my side as always
8. Raw diet
9. Vaccination history- basic puppy shots and rabies. No vaccinations since 1 year of age
10. Primary problem - we just went to get his regular 4dx test and blood work. He tested positive for anaplasmosis. Thinking back on it. About 3 weeks ago he had a 5-6 hour bout of diarrhea. I added a little organic pumpkin to his diet and fed him some raw ginger. It cleared up and he never had another issue. No idea if that was related or a symptom. The last tick i pulled off of him was about a month ago and we did a ledum protocol just to be safe. He has not had any other symptoms hence my holistic vet chose not to treat him for the anaplasmosis. She also didnt give me any direction as far as, if i should give him any natural supplements or additions to make sure he doesn’t become symptomatic. I have not gotten his blood work back yet since results havent come back as of 4/10/24. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I worry alot and do my best to make sure im proactive with his health as opposed to waiting to see what happens. This is my first post, i hope i have provided enough info. Dr. Sara i found a post you made about a similar situation in my google searches, which prompted me to join. I feel like you guys will be a great resource. Im grateful for doctors that really care about the animals and arent pushing services or product that is dangerous to our pups.
@Dr. Sara

060EFD47-47A2-4CC0-9F50-338ED7B692E8.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey David!

Welcome to HA! and thanks for making your first post.

Wow, Winston is one handsome pup! He looks very alert and intelligent.

A positive Anaplasma test by 4DX means that his immune system may have been exposed to the organism. Let's see if his other bloods show anything (I'd be surprised if they do).

An Anaplasma PCR test is the next step diagnostically if it wasn't run (and if you want more info).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I worry alot
Yes, lots of things to optimize Winston's immune function. Most of them are covered in the HA! 101 course.

One other thing that applies to this (and any) situation tho:

You might also want to try a week or two of something like this:

DavidR

Community Member
Registered
Thank you!

I think i need to listen to Bobby mcferrin more often… I forgot to say She did tell me that the visual bacteria wasn't present in his blood. I will educate my asap on the HA 101, And i ordered the bor-l-immune 😬

I noticed that the address for hollistic actions is in CT is there also a vet practice there? Im about an hour and a half away from that address. We would make that trip if there was a practice there for future visits.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi again David!
Im about an hour and a half away from that address. We would make that trip
Sure, if you feel that it would be helpful. You might want to first consider:

1. Scheduling a 1:1 15 minute Holistic Medical Decision Making (HMDM) call.

Both myself and Dr. Christina have spots available as soon as tomorrow.

If you want to schedule something and don't have your April code, it is in your HA! member dashboard or ask Kim to send it to you: support@holisticactions.com

2. Virtual homeopathy works super well! You could work with any vet homeopath in the US (or even worldwide):

DavidR

Community Member
Registered
That sounds great! I feel like all of that would be super helpful and i will schedule a call in the near future. But i dont think it accomplishes getting blood work and 4dx testing. We also have a little pitbull we foster failed with about a year ago whom is also due for testing soon. Is there a contact number for your vet practice?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Is there a contact number for your vet practice?
There really isn't a phone number that would be helpful in this situation. The best way for us to connect is through the forum or on an HA! Holistic Medical Decision Making call (see below).
If you want to schedule something and don't have your April code, it is in your HA! member dashboard or ask Kim to send it to you: support@holisticactions.com

DavidR

Community Member
Registered
No worries. I really appreciate it. I want to get caught up with the 101 before i have a call with you, so you dont have to repeat yourself with anything. Talk soon! Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom