• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Please help YEAST ( allergies) //Arthritis

HealthyPet

All-Access Member
Registered
I recently got a foster dog ( they said she’s between 7-9) and she comes to me with arthritis . She loves to walk and play, and she always has a bit of a limp with her right front paw seeming to be the major problem, but if she does a bit too much she will have a much more pronounced limp and will lick at that paw a lot ... I am going to try to give her some turmeric paste and was thinking of giving her arnica for the discomfort , but was wondering if there would be something better?

Also she came to me with a skin yeast infection on her be]ly and is currently finishing antibiotics and an anti fungal that they want her to be on forever ?. I read that apple cider vinegar can help if sprayed on , but I know this is an internal imbalance and would love to figure out how to treat the cause not just the problem?
They said she has allergies, but they don’t know to what...

Thank you for any advice you can offer...I just want her to be as happy and healthy as possible as long as she is under my care :)

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yay, fostering a new Corgi!

As you know, there's lots and lots that you can do to improve her underlying dis-eases (imbalances) and soothe her symptoms during the process of cure.

Yes, ACV is great! Sprayed on and orally.

Take a look at the raising the allergy threshold information over at the main site (if you have not remained logged in at holisticactions.com/login use the login you first set up).

Once the threshold is raised, it won't matter what the potential allergic triggers, like foods and pollens, are.

Raising the threshold is readily done by improving her balance with more vital food, mental and physical stimulation, and most importantly, working with her body (no "antis").

HealthyPet

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you...
how much acv would I give her orally?

Should I just stop the anti fungal ? I don’t want her to be on it of course, I’m just nervous that the yeast will spread or get worse :(

She came to me on APOQUEL , and when this was stopped her itch level was a10 out of 10 , I discussed alternatives and the vet gave her cytopoint which has helped with the itch, although I would like to not have her have to get this repeated monthly or bi monthly

As far as the arthritis would arnica be a good remedy to help?

Also I saw you have a supplement on your site Dr Jeff for anxiety, would that be a good choice, or how do you feel with CBd oil and is there one that nylons can recommend ? ( she is anxious with loud noises)

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
It depends...

Start with 3 tbsp/meal.

Stopping the ANTI-fungal or not is up to you.

Arnica might help if she has a sore sensation however chronic arthritis usually needs a different homeopathic medicine.

Yes, Hemp Rx would be awe-some to gently palliate her itch and arthritis.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom