• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Osteosarcoma in Golden Retriever

adlibutti

Community Member
Registered
Hello! I have an 8 yr old golden retriever with an osteosarcoma in her rear hock. Just learned of this last week and I changed her diet immediately to all homemade. I'm adding supplements - vit c, barley grass juice extract, broccoli sprout extract, Onco support, and a probiotic. I am also adding Dr. Jeff's kale, wild blueberry mash to her food daily and Arnica for pain. Has anyone "out there" saved a dog's leg (do not want to rush to amputation). Anyone with bone cancer success stories? I would be very grateful to hear all about it! Thank you. Andie

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Andie-

Yes, there a few well-documented cases and lots of anecdotal evidence.

All of these have been by increasing their Vitality and Balance.

Vitality building is through the methods discussed in the intro. course (fresh food, exercise, sunshine, happy interactions with you and other dogs, etc.).

I will also see if I can find any of the published cases.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
There are, as Dr. Jeff said, many anecdotal successes. One challenge with listing these is there are so many different approaches. I looked at our complementary vet list serve and found the following treatments as being successful with at least one dog.

My strongest suggestion is to be working with a classical homeopath (who can also help you choose other methods if needed). It is important to not overwhelm the body with too many different treatments at one time. Waiting a few days before adding any new supplement can help you know what is helping or actually causing problems.

A veterinary homeopath may use the following rubrics to help select a remedy:
  • generals, cancerous affections, bones, of
  • generals, cancerous affections, pains of; to relieve:
More coming.
Dr. Chambreau

adlibutti

Community Member
Registered
Hi Andie-

Yes, there a few well-documented cases and lots of anecdotal evidence.

All of these have been by increasing their Vitality and Balance.

Vitality building is through the methods discussed in the intro. course (fresh food, exercise, sunshine, happy interactions with you and other dogs, etc.).

I will also see if I can find any of the published cases.

Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Andie.

Dr. Jeff

adlibutti

Community Member
Registered
Hello all,
So we went ahead with the amputation of Abby's rear leg and she is doing well overall.
She is a champ and able to get around on three legs with no problem.
My focus now will be very diligent on restoring health and wellness, vitality and balance, as the chest x-ray showed many metastatic lesions in her lungs. I half expected this as osteosarcoma is an agressive cancer. I just read "Pointing the bone at cancer' by Billinghurst and I am in sync, thanks to Dr Jeff and this forum, of healing foods to support Abby.
My next question is this:
Am I (well is Abby) on all of the supplements that would be beneficial to "starve" the cancer cells? Here's what she gets:
Onco Support
Brocco Support
Vit C
Barley Grass Juice Extract

I recently added
Hawaii Pharm Dog Immune Plus (Echinacea, Elderberry, Cats Claw, Astragalus)
Hawaii Pharm Cleanse and Detox (Chinese Rhubarb Root, Slippery Elm Bark, Sheep Sorrel and Burdock Root)

And of course we are doing homeopathy.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm so glad to hear that Abby is already getting around well only a few days after her amputation!

You are 100% right to focus now on her Vitality and Balance as they will help her still have a great life.

For example, read about Kristen and Reyah's experience 4 years after a lung metastasis from a mammary tumor.

Regarding inducing cancer cell death you may also want to take a look at the ingredients in Apocaps (apo standing for apoptosis which means cell death) and see if there's anyt.

Cancer cells thrive on carbohydrates and sugars so your sticking to a meat based diet is perfect.

There are a few exceptions like kale, wild blueberries and you may want to see if Abby will drink celery juice.

It is an awesome source of nutrients, will help her body detoxify and it has many other healing properties per Anthony William.

In fact, let's start a "celery juice movement" for pets forum discussion.

In it we can all share our experiences with using celery juice to help improve vitality and balance and quality of life.

Please also keep us updated on Abby's progress.

When are her sutures due to come out?

Dr. Jeff

jsqueglia

All-Access Member
Registered
What about Mushrooms?? Not sure off hand what the perfect combo would be but (according to our hand out)Dr Ihor Basko would at least use Reishi, Maitake and Shitake. Maybe Cordyceps too.

Jackie

kristen_acri

All-Access Member
Registered
I'm so glad to hear that Abby is already getting around well only a few days after her amputation!

You are 100% right to focus now on her Vitality and Balance as they will help her still have a great life.

For example, read about Kristen and Reyah's experience 4 years after a lung metastasis from a mammary tumor.

Regarding inducing cancer cell death you may also want to take a look at the ingredients in Apocaps (apo standing for apoptosis which means cell death) and see if there's anyt.

Cancer cells thrive on carbohydrates and sugars so your sticking to a meat based diet is perfect.

There are a few exceptions like kale, wild blueberries and you may want to see if Abby will drink celery juice.

It is an awesome source of nutrients, will help her body detoxify and it has many other healing properties per Anthony William.

In fact, let's start a "celery juice movement" for pets forum discussion.

In it we can all share our experiences with using celery juice to help improve vitality and balance and quality of life.

Please also keep us updated on Abby's progress.

When are her sutures due to come out?

Dr. Jeff
What about Mushrooms?? Not sure off hand what the perfect combo would be but (according to our hand out)Dr Ihor Basko would at least use Reishi, Maitake and Shitake. Maybe Cordyceps too.

Jackie

Reyah now gets 1 tsp of Vitality Blend (powdered mushrooms) at each meal. She was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Dr. Jeff -- how do feeding vegetables and gluten free oatmeal fit into cancer's craving for carbs? Reyah gets both twice a day along with meat. Is it about proportions?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom