• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Golden Retriever Diagnosed with Lymphoma in Intestines

• Thread starter taylarkaster@hotmail_com
  • Start date
T

taylarkaster@hotmail_com

Hi,

We have a beautiful seven year old Golden Retriever who is our baby who was unfortunately diagnosed with Lymphoma in her intestines. She has three tumors (2 small, 1 medium sized). Due to the location of the tumors and the inflammation in her stomach she has completely stopped eating as of this past week. The few weeks prior she didn't have much an appetite but we could usually always get her to eat something throughout the day. She has lived a very great, stress free and healthy life up until this recent diagnosis.

The vet recommends that we start her on chemotherapy this week (Elspar)- but I am wondering if I can start incorporating natural remedies alongside the chemo such as Turmeric paste, CBD oil, Vitamin C, and Olive Leaf Extract. Our main hopes with using these in addition to the chemo is to help get her appetite back and reduce the inflammation. We just want to do everything possible to give her the best life we can with this recent diagnosis.

Any tips or tricks with dealing with something like this would be SO greatly appreciated words can't even put into words.

Thank you,

Taylar

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Taylar.

I’m so sorry to hear about your pup.

What do you feed and what have you tried feeding?

Did she have any vaccinations or use any medications before her appetite started worsening?

Yes, you absolutely should use supportive (CBDs etc.) and curative (homeopathy) care during chemo.

Even better would be to start them before chemo.

Right now the first thing to do is to start <a href="https://www.homevet.com/product/hemprx-25ml/">Rx Hemp</a>.

That should help jump start her appetite.

For now, feed her whatever she will eat. Emphasize fresh food with high vitality to optimize her healing ability.

Especially organic heart, kidney and pancreas.

I'd also go through the <a href="https://www.holisticactions.com/courses/introduction-to-holistic-actions/">Intro course</a> tonight as there are many other vitality-building methods there (login before clicking this link).

And the higher her vitality, the better her prognosis and quality of life.

Feel free to keep posting below.

Dr. Christina probably also has specific advice for food.

Also add a vet homeopath to her healing team along with your local vet and oncologist.

Our prayers are with you and her.

Dr. Jeff

T

taylarkaster@hotmail_com

Dr. Jeff,

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly! We will definitely get started on the homeopathy care tomorrow. I'm glad that you also think that this will help jumpstart her appetite.

She used to regularly eat a non-gmo dog food, plain cooked chicken breast, and cooked salmon, seedless watermelon, and occassional puppy treats. She has never been on any medicine prior to losing her appetite. At first we thought she had a temporary stomach bug, but unfortunately it didn't resolve within a few days and after many tests we just found out about her intestinal lymphoma.

The surgeon had to do an internal biopsy surgery to get tissue from one of the masses and while she was undergoing surgery he also saw that her pancreas was pretty inflamed which he thought could be one of the primary reasons that she wasn't eating.

We are really hoping that the tumeric paste with coconut oil that we are going to make can help reduce this. I was wondering if you think giving her a 1/2 teaspoon of the past divided throughout the day would be helpful? Also would that be best to give her with other food or have her absorb it alone at first.

I will definitely start working my way through the intro course as well, thank you for linking that!

Thanks again for your help.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great Taylar!

I was also thinking this am that your pup would benefit from the human liquid DMG + Maitake mushroom extract from Davinci which you can buy from some health practitioners and online.

Also, you'll learn more about the <strong>big</strong> <strong>distinction</strong> between these holistic supplements and homeopathy in the Intro course.

Please post any questions here. Also, the homeopathy forum folder has a lot more information.

Try to get your pup out in the sun today. Lots of pets and loving will help build her vitality and help her heal.

Also, if she likes other dogs, see if you can set up a play date for her.

Dr. Jeff

T

taylarkaster@hotmail_com

Dr. Jeff,

Thank you so much! I will be sure to purchase those right away and give them a shot! We will be sure to incorporate sunshine and a lot of loving as well.

Will keep you posted on her recovery.

Taylar

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Taylar-

How's your pup doing?

I also want to add that these supplements are not homeopathic but rather holistic and natural.

However, I would love to see you add a trained vet homeopath to her vet care team to  improve her treatment outcome even more.

Dr. Jeff

T

taylarkaster@hotmail_com

Hi Dr. Jeff,

Thank you for checking in. She has shown some improvement over the past few days and is slowly regaining some energy as well as an appetite- which is a great sign to us. We have been incorporating the holistic treatments which seemed to have been taking down her inflammation and boosting her immunity.

Our favorites so far are: CBD oil for dogs, Turmeric paste, Vitamin C Liquid, Pau d'arco, Olive leaf extract, liquid DMG + maitake mushroom, and Boswellia.

We also found a homeopathic vet very close to our hometown in Idaho that we will be seeing regularly as well.

Thank you!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom