• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Organon Paragraph 9 and the Importance of Working With Your Pets' Bodies

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi everyone-

This post is about our ongoing study of the Organon.

However, even before we start, it's important for you to know why it is so helpful and important to read the Organon at all.

The Organon is the original source material from which all homeopathy information comes.

Reading it will give you valuable context about health and dis-ease (imbalance) so you make better decisions for your pets.

And you do not need any medical background to understand it!

It is super important to have a framework to help you make medical decisions.

The Organon gives you that framework in an understandable and bite-sized form.

The paragraphs are typically relatively short and can be read one at a time (I suggest reading it just before bed to help you better retain the information and sleep better!:zzz:).

Every time you read an aphorism (paragraph), you will pickup something new to help you make that paradigm shift which will help you get away from relying just on the drugs used by allopathic (a word that Hahnemann coined) medicine.

There's absolutely nothing inherently wrong with using conventional medicine.

There is however a BIG problem with working against the healing mechanisms of your pets' bodies.

Doing so is known, in conventional research and medicine, to decrease the cellular energy needed for biochemical functions.

You may therefore wonder why medicine is based on this?

The answer is simply because it works!

It works to quickly and easily alleviate individual symptoms.

However, as you're learning from us, and which you'll read in the Organon, symptoms are super duper important.?‍♂️?‍♀️

Symptoms need to be understood in the full context of your pets' whole being because when they're not, more serious dis-eases results even though the individual symptoms abate.

Evidence for this is the current decreasing longevity of our pets and increasing chronic dis-eases and eventually cancer (which we'll be discussing at length in this fall's webinar series).

Working against the body is known as anti-pathic medicine which may be used in allopathy and is the opposite of homeopathic method of working with the body.

I could go on and on, but this post is primarily about aphorism 9 (and not my rambling).?

The intention is for you to pick up your copy of this edition of the Organon:

Here's paragraph 9:

In the healthy condition of man, the spiritual vital force (autocracy), the dynamis that animates the material body (organism), rules with unbounded sway, and retains all the parts of the organism in admirable, harmonious, vital operation, as regards both sensations and functions, so that our indwelling, reason-gifted mind can freely employ this living, healthy instrument for the higher purpose of our existence.

Can anyone (@kingsgrlie @Deena...) tell me what Dr. Hahnemann means by the "dynamis" or why understanding this concept will transform your pet care?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Is there an audio book version of The Organon?
Hi everyone-

This post is about our ongoing study of the Organon.

However, even before we start, it's important for you to know why it is so helpful and important to read the Organon at all.

The Organon is the original source material from which all homeopathy information comes.

Reading it will give you valuable context about health and dis-ease (imbalance) so you make better decisions for your pets.

And you do not need any medical background to understand it!

It is super important to have a framework to help you make medical decisions.

The Organon gives you that framework in an understandable and bite-sized form.

The paragraphs are typically relatively short and can be read one at a time (I suggest reading it just before bed to help you better retain the information and sleep better!:zzz:).

Every time you read an aphorism (paragraph), you will pickup something new to help you make that paradigm shift which will help you get away from relying just on the drugs used by allopathic (a word that Hahnemann coined) medicine.

There's absolutely nothing inherently wrong with using conventional medicine.

There is however a BIG problem with working against the healing mechanisms of your pets' bodies.

Doing so is known, in conventional research and medicine, to decrease the cellular energy needed for biochemical functions.

You may therefore wonder why medicine is based on this?

The answer is simply because it works!

It works to quickly and easily alleviate individual symptoms.

However, as you're learning from us, and which you'll read in the Organon, symptoms are super duper important.?‍♂️?‍♀️

Symptoms need to be understood in the full context of your pets' whole being because when they're not, more serious dis-eases results even though the individual symptoms abate.

Evidence for this is the current decreasing longevity of our pets and increasing chronic dis-eases and eventually cancer (which we'll be discussing at length in this fall's webinar series).

Working against the body is known as anti-pathic medicine which may be used in allopathy and is the opposite of homeopathic method of working with the body.

I could go on and on, but this post is primarily about aphorism 9 (and not my rambling).?

The intention is for you to pick up your copy of this edition of the Organon:

Here's paragraph 9:

Can anyone (@kingsgrlie @Deena...) tell me what Dr. Hahnemann means by the "dynamis" or why understanding this concept will transform your pet care?

It is the power/energy that is keeping us (and our pets) alive.

Is there an audible book version of The Organon? It would be nice to listen to as "lullabies" ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yup! Aka the Vital Force (which Hahnemann called the Vital Principle in the 6th edition of the Organon), Chi, Prana, etc.

I'm not aware of an O'Reilly audio book but if you read 1 or 2 paragraphs before bed, you won't need a lullaby.;)

You can however get these excellent Organon study DVDs which our friends Joe Kellerstein (an Organon scholar and great homeopath) and Kim Elia produced:

It's currently on sale and I'll ask Kim if HA! members can get an even deeper discount.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Thanks! An audio version would be nice nevertheless because we could listen to it on the go, while taking our fur babies on walks :):dogrun:

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
On reason it is great to be reading a paper copy is that I encourage everyone to WRITE in their organon. There are some paragraphs, especially those where Hahnemann rails against current medicine, that are great to read once, but you can put a line through them so as you re-read the Organon yearly you will not need to read those paragraphs every time.

Also, you can put stars or underline those lines or paragraphs that you think are very important, or add comments from these discussions!!

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom